Seat Reccomendation FIA - 6'4" 190lbs

berny2435

Seat Reccomendation FIA - 6'4" 190lbs

I just got my 6 pt roll cage in my Civic and it is time for Seats and Harnesses.

As you can see I am a taller guy. Longer legs than torso and I'm skinny. I'm wondering what you guys reccomend for seat.

I'm a person that likes quality but I am willing to go with what works and with what is safe.

Berny,

I have been going through this also , I'm 6'4" also , and after looking at all the seats out there, none of the composite seat manufactures that I have found offer an off the shelf seat that has the harness openings correct for a tall person. They do offer custom seats though, Kerky and Butler offer a fabricated seat that will fit though . If you find a composite let me know .

I'm 6'4" and 220lbs and I use a kirkey intermediate road race seat. It is one of the more comfortable ones I can find and you can get them in varying widths from 15-18" wide. A 17" seat fits me snugly enough to be comfortable yet secure.

http://www.ogracing.com sells them. They cost around $380 for a seat and the seat cover (which can be replaced when worn out). Colors are black and grey.

Kirkey also sells some dirt track / oval seats for cheaper but they are not as supportive or protective. They also have a deluxe version which is a little more protective than the intermediate.

47000_web.jpg

Berny, The Kirky and Butler seats are NASA and SCCA legal ,

jaje, I have sat in the Kirkey intermediate , the openings for the harness is to low for me . But I will more than likely end up with a custom Kirkey .

Gfaules , I'm already an alumni of the Lay Z Boy University .

Berny, The Kirky and Butler seats are NASA and SCCA legal ,

jaje, I have sat in the Kirkey intermediate , the openings for the harness is to low for me . But I will more than likely end up with a custom Kirkey .

Gfaules , I'm already an alumni of the Lay Z Boy University .

Sounds like a custom kirky is a good idea for me too. I'm going to see where my cage ends up with the harness bar(Pre made Autopower)

You think you have a problem, try to find one for 6'3" 145 lbs. I had to get a custom aluminum seat.

Damn boy! All that sun in Cali must be boilin away your body

Racetech, best seat available and has several models for taller and larger drivers and most are FIA certified and have built in head restraint. all model are legal for use in SCCA and NASA plus all club racing groups.

http://www.racetechseatsna.com/

http://www.racetech.co.nz/new_template/index_17_02.html

personally I have the Viper seat in the extra wide and extra tall version rt4009whr no viper logo. best fitting seat I have ever raced in and I have owned or raced Corbeau, Sparco, Kirkey, Ultrashield, Cobra, and a few others.

Tims ,

I like the Racetech seat , They don't give the higth of the harness opening from the seating area . I need 28" to the top of shoulder. I'll have to call them and see if I can get more info .

I'm going to to piggyback onto this post. I've been looking for some competition seats to put into my civic, but I've got a different problem. I am one of the "horizontally gifted". My friends call me big, honest people call me fat

I know I can get the Kirkey seats made to order, but I haven't gotten to the point that I have a tow vehicle yet so I have to drive my car to the track. Up to six hours to some tracks. Is there a seat that is livable for that kind of long distance? My current favorite is the Sparco Evo 3.

I know I can get the Kirkey seats made to order, but I haven't gotten to the point that I have a tow vehicle yet so I have to drive my car to the track. Up to six hours to some tracks. Is there a seat that is livable for that kind of long distance? My current favorite is the Sparco Evo 3.

You can always jam some extra padding under the cover if you want or make it so the Kirkey and stock seat can both be used. Drive there with the stock seat, change to the Kirkey for DE, then back to the stock seat for the ride home.

Just an idea.