NASCAR COT Wing??

davidfarmer

NASCAR is supplying the wings to teams at each race and collecting them after the weekend. I have a few friends at Hendrick so I'll ask i they know who is making them.

I hear Crawford is making the wings..... sent them a message...maybe they'll respond.

Would be great if NASCAR would sell some of the "loser" wings to the rest of us. I'm sure they will be doing a lot of trial and error until they think they have figured it out..

BTW, wing profiles can make a huge impact on relative drag/lift. If teams aren't watched, they will try and make them better.

you guys might find this interesting, Nascar press conference on the COT. They are putting RFID chips in all of the chassis, and likely the wings, to prevent tampering of approved parts.

http://www.davidfarmerstuff.com/videos/COT.wmv

It's NASCAR C, need we ask more?

Yeah, they are wacky.

Speaking of wings, would you know anything about the recent purchase of Downforce Engineering?

Why, yes. Yes, I do know something. Anything specific you're wondering about?

C.

Edited by Guest

Would be great if NASCAR would sell some of the "loser" wings to the rest of us.

How much do you think this "mass produced" wing is going to cost? Seeing as how it is intended for one of the most expensive series running, wouldn't you just figure it will be pricey?

BTW, wing profiles can make a huge impact on relative drag/lift.

Indeed. All wings are not created equal.

C.

Carol, when will your wings be available again. I had planned on sending my business your way, but then you left us hanging.....

Are they really going to be back online next month??

I wouldn't imagine the NASCAR spec wing will be priced any cheaper than the Grand-Am wings are.

I noticed that the company changed hands, I'm guessing that PB has something to do with it.

Unfortunately we race in series that tell us which wing to use.

Carol

Hello, David.

when will your wings be available again. I had planned on sending my business your way, but then you left us hanging.....

Hey, now! "We" didn't leave anybody hanging. We're actually the ones who picked up the ball and are getting the train back on track. (How's that for a mixed metaphor?) Anyway, we currently have several backorders, but expect to begin shipping wings in a few weeks and are taking new orders now. Give Paul a call and he'll be happy to fill you in.

Are they really going to be back online next month??

The G-Stream website should be updated and running again in March and Tiger Racing's should also be updated within that time frame.

C.

I didn't mean to imply that you left anyone hanging, you just stopped production before I had a car ready. Just make sure you let us know when things get going again.

I didn't mean to imply that you left anyone hanging, you just stopped production before I had a car ready.

When I said that "we" didn't leave anyone hanging, I meant it. Tiger Racing wasn't the manufacturer of the G-Stream wing, we were merely distributors. Tiger Racing is still just a distributor.

Just make sure you let us know when things get going again.

"We" certainly will!

C.

G-Stream wings look great hopefully they will be available again.

Uhm, they will be. Read the rest of the thread. I don't intend to be mean, but please, C says that they're shipping in a few weeks.

G-Stream wings look great hopefully they will be available again.

Hel, G-Stream wings are so good I can tell the difference! If you would like to place an order, please give us a call. As Cosmo says, we'll be shipping in a few weeks.

C.