New 335i classification, competitiveness?

cnMax

Due to several glowing reviews on this twin-turbo coupe and sedan, i.e. published vs claimed and dyno'd hp, how competitive will it will be in the base class TTD?

Bring it on!

It's running TTD + 14pt. So 5 pts left before TTC. 5pts..hrm..maybe R-comps? But then you will need camber plates and stiffer springs, which will add more pts.

Friend works for a local driving school. The 335s came in as their new instructor cars and they've had major oil temp issues with all of them.

Just do a google search. The news is all over. I was even surprised that 335d came in third at the 25hr, but of course they had a team of engineers flown in from you know where.

335 wasn't meant to be a track car anyway. The last turboed BMW that did really well on track was the E36 320d back in 1998 at 24hr Nurburgring. In fact, I think none of the E9X is meant to be driven hard. The newer BMWs are really geared more towards the image status. It takes a lot more work to convert the E9x into a track car compared to the E46 and E36. The E36, IMO, still reigns as THE BMW street/track car.