Logo Vote results

DanElam

Ok folks. This logo was the most popular:

4.gif

The second most popular was:

b.jpg

The actual gap in votes may have seemed significant, but I had two reports of accidental wrong votes and the second one had a nearly identical one that was similar. The point is that both were pretty popular, but that the top one was definitely more popular.

I have asked for a cost estimate/price for both logos. Clearly the top logo is going to cost more because it involves 5 layers of vinyl while the second one is two or three laters (depending on whether the number is a second color or not). For purposes of discussion, let's say that the top logo costs maybe $5-7 more or so per logo. The top logo would need to be on a white background, probably with the same black outline. The logo won't work without a background or at least a drop shadow because people have different colored cars.

Now is sort of the speak-now-forever-hold-your-peace time. This should be a consensus thing: it may not be your favorite, but can you live with it?

Speak up! Be quick. Let's say Saturday is the cut-off before I ask Mr. Sanders for final pricing and place an order. Does that sound ok?

It seems to me like a set of stickers would be less than $20 a set and solve all those problems. Should be cheaper than vinyl.

BTW, the top layer is 4 layers, the bottom is 3 layers is the people cutting the vinyl are any good.

I like them both, but depending on thre price-difference I might lean towards the second of the two (every time I bring up price for something related to racing a Viper someone kicks me! ).

With the second, I think the "1" or "2" should be angled more like the "ST." But that's just my opinion, FWIW.

Cheaper one, $20 is a set of used slicks without shipping.

hrk, you might not want to be in front of me in the braking zone

Please tell me where you find slicks for $20 a set.....

• Members
Cheaper one, $20 is a set of used slicks without shipping.

hrk, you might not want to be in front of me in the braking zone

Please tell me where you find slicks for $20 a set.....

Have you seen him drive?!?! It must be the $20 slicks*!!!

*humor

I will sell my old Kumhos for $20 when they are done if you pick up. They have 35 heat cycles and couldn't stop a tricycle in my driveway if needed.

Well, turns out that the small letters and multiple colors don't make it as cost effective. We'll have to order them from a printer the same way NASA does. I will see if we can find out who NASA has been using, but there is no way they will be available by Road Atlanta.

I have a race this weekend at Road Atlanta, so I just went to the sign shop where I have my graphics done and I had some made.

I made my overall dimensions 6" X 12", i had a red border put around the white "field". It cost me $28/sticker. My buddy who is racing the Ferrari bought 2 as well. I had ST1 done, she can change to ST2 easily.

I don't know if these are good prices or not.

But , if you want the stickers call Renee at Sign Kwik in Dultuh, Ga.

770-623-1669.

I'm leaving for Road Atlanta Firday at lunch. The sign shop is in the office park where my race shop is. If anybody orders stickers and Renee can have them ready, i'll bring them to Road Atlanta for you.

I like the second one. Color and style fit my black car nicely. Also like to have a smaller version for the truck back window.

#54 Dean ST-2 Cobra

• 2 weeks later...