1st NASA-RM event of the season

warrtalon

We had our first event this past weekend amidst beautiful sunny weather with mid-70s, which is very lucky for mid-March in Colorado. In fact, it felt quite hot with how intense the sun is at this altitude and how there is no shade, but you can't complain about feeling "hot" in 70-degree weather when it could just have easily been mid 20s and snowing.

We had 100+ cars total, had some great racing, lots of new HPDE folks, and increased the ranks of our time trial core. I qualified for my TT license on Saturday while in HPDE4, then I got to compete on Sunday, which was a blast. I got my first road racing "win" ever, but there were only 2 of us in TTS, so it wasn't a big accomplishment, hah. We're still a small, young region, but hopefully our TT classes will grow as all those HPDErs move up the ranks like I recently did.

Big kudos to Dave and Revkah Balingit for starting the Rocky Mountain region and for putting on flawless events. Thanks to Greg for providing a TTS class that fits so well for me as opposed to running in TTU with cars who double my WHP.

Has anyone else here run at PMI in Pueblo, CO, before? They have used it in One Lap, but most people don't make it a point to venture to this part of CO, so it's not likely that many have been there. I don't have much frame of reference to know what a TTS car would, should, or could run here, so I may have to wait until our joint event at MAM to see where I stand. Anyway, my best lap was 1:39.6, which is good relative to the other cars at the event, but like I said, the region is still young.