Wheels anyone?

jjgrow

I found a source for some cheap cookie cutters. Pete and I might be buying some - does anyone else need any ~$50/wheel+ some shipping?

Also, the guy needs some M030 suspension parts if you want to trade for something.

I have found myself missing one wheel (no idea). Anyway, count me in for one if you are buying some. Thanks.

I heard that if I've got the 1985.5, then I can only use the phone dials, due to the difference in the offset of the two. Is this true in the NASA rules, or just POC?

Thanks,

s

Marguglio,

You got a flat at Willow last year. You borrowed 1 tire/wheel from somebody. Did you swap then AND return yours?

Steve,

83-86 cars use a 23.3 mm offset. This known as the early offset.

Cookie cutter and phone dials are avalible in this offest.

87 & 88 cars incuding the 924S use a "late" offset of 52.3 mm. There are only phone dials with this offset.

So 85.5 can use either phone dials in the right offset or cookie cutters.

Tim: No, but good memory! I have a feeling Foley is ripping me off again. He has a tendency to take my tires out for testing. Just kiddin there Marco.

Regarding the wheels, you guys.............the cookie cutters are 2-3 lbs lighter per wheel! Weighed them myself. No tire, no valve stem, no weights. Unsprung weight! Too bad I can't use them.

Yep, I do like the polished rim, and thanks again Tim for the key info on sizes and weights.

I'll certainly get the cookies, but will wait until the car's running solid. Until then, I'm preparing my time and resources for the unknown.

Thanks guys,

s

Moi? I was just temp cycling those new Toyos.

I´m in Cordoba, Argentina right now on vacation and had a chance to check the forum. Glad everything is normal at home.