1:35's at Willow? 2 events coming up!

Tim Comeau

I have the full suspension on now. I plan on doing a 1:35 sometime this year at Willow Springs. It might be recorded on a hot lap system, or POC or NASA practice, qual, or race. I don't prefer any one method as long as it's accurate.

What do I get if I cut a 1:35.XX ?

Come on guys.........make me hungry!

How about a cash pool for the first driver to break into the 1:37's?

Then 1:36's?

(Oh, yeah. Excluding Mr. White!)

Why not Mr. White? If we get him out to WS and he hops in our cars and goes faster I say give him the $$$. Just because he doesn't race against us lets not penalize the "Man" for still blowing us away!! Besides if he hops in your car and goes 2 seconds faster you know you need to find a better set of Huevos.

I'm down to 1:40's and will be down even more next time and if P. Dilly backs his smack talk with performance we should have a good show for our first race with the POC.

Eric

You know, nothing against Rick (despite what he might think?), but, if you keep propping him up like this and he doesn't perform (due to SOOO many variables not within anyone's control), then there is going to be a whole lotta teary eyes. It's great to set a goal, but that goal needs to be in a spec caar or at least on a spec tire. Remember, WS is momentum so having a heavier full trimmed car is less an issue than having say a faster tire, having those extra few HP or shorter 5th gear for the straights. So, lets say Rick is good, that proof is a given, but this mythical time, I'd hate to see hearts broken if the Toyo cannot do it? I know we have joked around in efforts to get Rick back on the track but, it's like trying to coax Elvis into swinging those hips again?

With that said, I think Tim has a good idea, perhaps we should put in $5 per event as a prize or trophy for the first person to reach goals, or certain milestones? Or something? But on the other hand, the faster drivers (Tim bloody comeau and those pesky AZ guys) are already rewarded with the chance to gloat. Maybe we should be rewarding the back markers as incentive to stick with it? Why reward the fastest any more, they get that already, reward the most improved? For example, a couple weekends ago (on track weekends), Eric was running what, 45's? Now he is running 40's, that's an impressive improvement. To the point I'm worried about the next time I go out, Eric now has my number. Reward Eric for that improvement, not Tim, his head wont fit through his cage/door soon!

P.Dilly.

Dylan,

I like that Idea of having a token award for most improved driver at each event. Compare best time from your last event at that track and compare it your best from this one. If guy gets 5 second faster that is huge. Typically the fast guys won't get that much faster. Maybe 1 second. It is guys who are learning that going to gain 4 to 5 seconds per lap.

I think it would a good way to reward those who are making gains rather than the guys infront.

Exactly, the guys at front already get rewards with trophies and trck records. Lets promote the guys down the back, me! Hell, I'm not down the back, I'm not even running! what can I qualify for?

P.Dilly.

Works for me as I think at the last NASA event I was doing 1:46's.

By the next NASA event I hope to be doing 1:38's. Lets see anyone improve more than 8 seconds!!

I need the money to help fund my addiction,

Eric

Ya know, if you guys running up front REALLY cared, you would hold back on getting faster lap times until the guys in back have a chance to catch up

Simple...

I can keep a track of each driver's best lap (race lap only) at a track/config. Print it out before the next event. Then compare to the same driver's best race lap next at that event. Who ever has the biggest difference wins the booby prize!

I am thinking not too much. Heck just a little nicely printed certificate or some would do. Heck the little plaques we get are not worth much, but the value is in what they represent. Same thing here.

Now. If you go to a new track or new config then nobody gets anything. If it is a guys first trip... he is not eligible. Not really that hard to implement.