Class move TTR to TTU

heavychevy

Just want to know if that is possible now that I have already run a track in TTR. I just did TTR to keep from having to go through all the tech stuff, which I'm able to do now. Wanted to know if my points would transfer to TTU if I did based on my times at Road Atlanta.

You can certainly submit a new form and move to TTU, but you can't transfer points from a different class. That wouldn't make sense.

You can certainly submit a new form and move to TTU, but you can't transfer points from a different class. That wouldn't make sense.

Why wouldnt it make sense if I was awarded points based on my times at RA, that would have put me 3rd in TTU on Saturday and Sunday.

I just did TTR to keep from having to go through all the tech stuff, which I'm able to do now.

By your own admission you were not TTU legal during the event. So how can you get TTU points with an illegal car.

Why wouldnt it make sense if I was awarded points based on my times at RA, that would have put me 3rd in TTU on Saturday and Sunday.

Because you weren't in TTU. You were in TTR and not confirmed or legal for TTU, so you can't later get credit for how you'd compare to cars in a lower-level class.

• National Staff

You cannot get points for another class after-the-fact. If you guys have questions about rules, the best policy is to read the rules:

7.4 Declaring a Class

A driver/team can choose to compete or accrue points in any class that is equal to or higher than the vehicle’s classification. For all classes, the appropriate TT Classification form must be filled out completely, scored, and show the appropriate final vehicle classification. The competitor can then declare on the form if the car will be competing in a higher class. Points will accrue only in the class declared by the competitor prior to competition. The competitor can switch classes, using the same vehicle on another event day, provided the above rule is followed and a new declaration is made to the Regional TT Director prior to competiton. Points will then begin accruing in the new class. There will be no retroactive declarations or “points swappingâ€

I just did TTR to keep from having to go through all the tech stuff, which I'm able to do now.

By your own admission you were not TTU legal during the event. So how can you get TTU points with an illegal car.

I didnt say I wasnt legal, I said I didnt want to do all the tech, moreso by advise from a friend who was in the same position, first event, registering the week of, just wanting to get on track.

It's not a big deal, I was just asking, my car is TTU legal, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the switch.

you'll probably do well in TTU, especially if you ditch those street tires

your call on if you think you can make it to enough events to make a run at the championship starting 4 events behind or not tho....

your call on if you think you can make it to enough events to make a run at the championship starting 4 events behind or not tho....

Is that how the championships work, 4 prior events? Your right, it wouldnt really make a difference except maybe a little better position at Nationals. I'm going to Roebling, Rockingham and one more (havent decide yet) but that's a good point because I wouldnt be doing four more DE's before Mid-Ohio.

I didnt say I wasnt legal, I said I didnt want to do all the tech, moreso by advise from a friend who was in the same position, first event, registering the week of, just wanting to get on track.

It's not a big deal, I was just asking, my car is TTU legal, I'm just trying to decide if it's worth the switch.

What Greg said.

Is that how the championships work, 4 prior events? Your right, it wouldnt really make a difference except maybe a little better position at Nationals. I'm going to Roebling, Rockingham and one more (havent decide yet) but that's a good point because I wouldnt be doing four more DE's before Mid-Ohio.

You can run in any 5 TimeTrial days and get enough credit to go to nationals, yes. How many have you done so far?

I was talking about the regional championship earlier

I only have two TT so far. I dont see anything on the schedule about regionals, when and where is that?

The regional championships are based on cumulative points for the SE regional event like CMP, RA, etc....

I only have two TT so far. I dont see anything on the schedule about regionals, when and where is that?

The regional championships are based on cumulative points for the SE regional event like CMP, RA, etc....

what he said

we expect our SE TTers to do well at all the tracks we go to I think we've got the best