Coming in a little late on this one but wanted to share....

uberklasse

I have to give myself a few days to digest my first race weekend.

I saw that Dylan posted my experience at Buttonwillow (or lack of it on the track). Mechanical problems suck and we all face them...I just don't have the time or money to deal with them. I did test my patience and came out ok.

Wanted to first of all thank Dylan, Dennis, Tim and Tom for all of thier help. The commraderie, empathy and geunuine kindness from last weekend is not something you get to experience very often.

Not only am I not giving it all up, but I am going to buy a new tow vehicle. Who cares if I go in debt, at least I won't be stuck on the side of the road!

I have heard from a lot of buddies that the feeling after a race is as good OR better than sex. I have to agree!! A couple brain farts on my only real session (the Sunday race) have me craving my next track date at the POC racer's clinic.

I can't believe that there were 69 cars in group D race, along with 3 open wheel cars that came out after me. I was last on the grid due to my mechanical difficulties and no qualifying time. I felt like I stepped into a hornets nest with all of the cars that were buzzing around and by me.

NASA did an amazing job keeping everything on time and organized. Personally speaking they have a great way of treating rookies like rookies, but not making you feel like a child. I figure if I can survive with that many cars my next race will feel a lot easier.

Dylan is busting my chops on my screw-ups on the track, but I don't know If I would had made it without his help. He dishes out the jokes etc. but he really cares about the series and group of guys running.

Speaking of caring....Tim seems to give his blood to making the series better. I hope he stays with us for a long time and doesn't move on to the next class.

Speaking of Class...Dennis is the definition of class. Letting me drive his car, sharing anything and everything I needed to keep my car going. What a great guy.

Tom was very humble and helpful...we diced it out a little but he showed me that consistency is what racing is all about.

LOOKING FORWARD TO MEETING MORE OF YOU,

JASON