websites?

kurtborton

I am 6'1 weigh 250 so had to use a wider seat,Cobra Suzuka GT, and wanted it to sit on the floor.

As you can see the tubes across the floor pan are welded plates welded to the tunnel and to the rocker panel structure so the whole installation is very strong. The mounts themsleves are welded to the tubes and allow the seat to be mounted (permanently) with any height or degree of inclination.

It is hard to see in the pic but a channel had to be cut, and new sheetmetal welded into the tunnel next to the right front seat mount bolt. This had to be done to give access to the right front bolt that mounts the seat.

I could not be happier with the way it turned out. The fab guy made some mistakes when he made the cage (his first road race cage) but his workmanship and seat mount ideas were great. I sit very low and have tons of head room. When looking at the car from the side the only cage you can see are the down tubes in the rear - very tight to the body.

Nice site by the way - the first pic on the third row of the gallery page is hilarious!

Thanks guys, how much do your cars weigh anyhow?[/url]

Nice site. Looks like a fast car!

My car weighs about 1975-2000 lbs plus me and 60 lbs. of ballast. 2300 is the minimum weight for a Civic SI in H4.

• 3 months later...