Yet another AC Delete question

dmdirks

Greetings! I'm one of the newbie Spec-944 guys from the Rocky Mountain region and I must say this 944 Challenge forum has some great information on prepping these cars!

I've got a question about installing an AC Delete bracket in my '88 944. I obtained one (of unknown origin, however it looks nearly identical to this one: http://www.brooksbabies.com/porsche/inst7/inst7_26.jpg) and I'm about ready to tear into it. My understanding is that, after installing this bracket, the belt tensioner on the AC compressor will be connected to the alternator, which will be dropped down from the original location. So, before I find out the hard way, is there any reason this procedure will NOT work on the '88 model?

Thanks, guys! Hope to meet more of you in upcoming events.

That bracket in the pic looks like the one sold by yours truly. The install on the '88 is as shown. Be sure to get the short belt for the late model cars.

The kit is in fact from Dave.

I don't recall where I bought my belt, but search Rennlist and you'll find a few threads on the subject.

Cheers,

Chris

Just wanted to thank Dave for a nice product, i bought one of these new (but it passed through 2 other people before i bought it). Installed it yesterday and it fits perfect, having the correct sized bolts was also very helpful. I did need to do a bit of sanding on the alternator, but nothing serious..only took about 1 minute.

I do need to take the rest of the a/c lines out still (Havent gotten around to the condenser yet) as i cannot fit the cooling shroud with them in the way still. Another project for another day..