RA1's on the street...getting lazy

924sman

I need space and getting lazy after the long Winter reworking the car! I need to go 250 miles to the track and want to know if any of you drive to the track on your race tires? New RA1's and care to know if I should swap at the track as usual or can I be lazy and leave the street wheels home and do the trip and track work on the race wheels?

I am tired and just want to "arrive and drive"!! LOL! TIA! Dallas

I don't drive mine on the street, but I know others do.

It should not be an issue especially if the tires are sort of fresh.

Old tires in their sweet spot are probably not so good on the road.

I believe San Diego to Phoenix is about (about 5 hours) 360 miles. I've also driven to Button Willow, about 4 hours, on the Toyos. No problem, even with -3.5 camber in the front. I would drive during the day so you can see debris on the road ahead of you.

Good deal and thanks! I did not think of it being to much of an issue but with a race alignment gave me the thought of tearing up the tires! I see your set up was fine so mine will be as well. Dal

Camber doesn't wear the tires much- a lot of toe does. As long as you don't have large toe settings, long drives on the street shouldn't be a problem.