Removing AC

PeanutinCA

Gentlemen,

your expertise please. I need to remove my AC compressor. It appears to have locked up and seems to be the source of my car not running well at idle. I guess being underneath the engine bay, it wasn't initially visible and the belt didn't start to squeal until yesterday. I had asked a buddy to order and AC delete bracket when ordering his a few weeks ago. I guess some "supporters" of the class don't live up to their claims and wouldn't sell me one? So, what do I need? Bracket, shorter belt? How do I remove the compressor? All the lines are off. Do I get at it from underneath the car or from the top?

What's your advice? Can my engineer duplicate the bracket with relative ease do you think?

Thanks,

P.Dilly (feelin' the wrath of the plaer haters) .

Air box comes off. Alternator bolts get removed, unit set aside. 4 17mm bolts hold the old heavy combo-bracket(A/C + Alternator) on. New bracket, shorter belt, tension, GO!

Who's interested in my new aluminum A/C delete bracket ? Weighs right at 2 lbs. Let me know.

In the future Timmy! For the bracket. For now, I'll just get the A/C out of there. So, anyone know the shorter belt length and what part number that is?

OK OK, I'll stop stirring up trouble. I have to admit, I've been stirring the pot a little with a couple gentlemen, who, seem to have issue? I'm honestly not exactly sure where it started, but I sure as hell decided to have some fun with it. But, that's not cool. so I apologize. I'm sure 99% of you guys out there have NO idea what I'm talking about or whom, but they know. They (maybe one person more than another) have issue. I honestly cannot say what that issue is or where it started? It doesn't really bother me, which is why I played it up. But, I'll stop. These gentlemen care about what they do and I was a doosh bag for messing around with them. Sorry.

Cheers,

P.Dilly.

Oh man I just love you guys who say it's an easy job removing the Alternator! Is it the same on all 944 years, that the long bolt for the Alternator lines up with the edge of the fan shroud and when you try to pull it out, it stops (against the fan housing) just mm's short of coming out. Now, try getting it back in!!! DOH!!!!