Electric Water Pump........944

924sman

Read a ad for one by SPA Technique and wondered if any of you have gone this route? Nice way to reduce the belt failure due to a WP going bad.

Just curious really but if it would work it would be no more on cost than a new WP. TIA!

Relax!! I am not a "gadget" kinda guy! I never buy crap that is not proven one way or another. But at face value the idea the pump is an excellent way to reduce added stress to the timing belt.

No HP gain questions will be asked by yours truly for certain! But I may pick ones brain apart for info on how to go faster.....than them . Thanks Tim....Dal

I understand.....It's just one more thing to fail. Porsche has already figured out how to keep water flowing through the engine, though. We just keep things fresh, keep an eye on the systems, and enjoy the reliability of the stock, unstressed system.

BTW, with our 944 engines, spinning them over 6,000 rpm is a waste. With a legal, stock cam, Hp and torque drop off bad over 6K. Torque peaks at 5800 on my engine!

don't even bring up overheating issues.....sore subject with a lot of us recently. I agree....keep it stock. The cars might be 20 years old but Porsche knew what they were doing.

Jason, what do you think about pooling some money and buying some spares for our class? Or at least making a list of spares that the guys bring.

I always have a spare dist. cap, plug wires, plugs, coolant reservoir, some hoses, hardware, etc.

I know some of the PHX guys have radiators and susp. pieces.

I would draw the line at doors and fenders!