Another role call: Who is going to Willow Springs May 1/May2

uberklasse

Having some difficulties with being able to run with POC this weekend and am thinking of doing the NASA race instead May1 and May2.

I wish I could do both, but I have to make compromises with the wife/family etc.

If there are enough guys....I might try to switch.

1) Me

P.Dilly.

Assuming the car is still running? Apparently the new Air Flow meter smoothened the idle right out and the hole in the exhaust is actually just a connection that needs to be capped. The clutch is at least releasing, even though it sticks for the last inch and what I thought was a rear axle or bearing problem was (not even) finger tight wheel lugs! Just a small list of items. Hopefully Frank can correctly fit the shift mechanism and then I have to lock down the battery and I should be good to go! Oh, a wheel balance is DESPERATELY required. I was doing the shimmy shake down the 405 to the point where it was almost a struggle to hold the wheel loosely.

Remind me no to follow you this weekend. I don't want bits and peices of your car cracking my new winscreen. Or for that matter the oil all over my car. I will keep a tow line in my car for you so you can keep up with me!!!

I hope you get it all worked out so we can have some fun!!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya mate,

Eric,

I think technically it's running now. I need to get it smogged so I can drive it on the street. Plus do the registration thing. If Frank can tighten the shifter without dropping the tranny then he will, otherwise I'll have to be VERWY VERWY CWAREFUL with my shifts. That might give you the edge Eric? I have some small things to do but I've basically been up until almost 2 each night getting it done.

To be completely honest, I'm scared to drive this car hard after the experiences and discoveries. I wouldn't drive behind me either! I don't think it's leaking any oil, but it's certainly rattly inside!

Cheers,

P.Dilly.

Terribly sorry,guys. I just can't make it with the POC this weekend. $$$. We all know how important it is to get as many 944-spec cars as possible at Willow, but this member of the "Flying Circus" won't make the race this time. You know I'd be there if I could. You guys know what to do.

By my best guess it's:

Sorensen

Marguglio

Scott

Puddester

Bernheim

Grow ???

Wilberding ???

Benbow

Yousko ???

Foley ???

If there's any NA 944's up there running loose, get them entered in the 944-spec class if possible.

Try to pit together (behind the snack bar?) again.

TC

Edited by Guest

Your not doing the NASA May 1/2 event? Or did you not read Jason's post correctly? Hmmm, could this be a chance to get back some of those lost points?

P.Dilly.

I have a commitment with the POC that weekend at the "Streets" so I'll be there just not at the Big Track. I have to instruct and my friend is using my car to get his STS Lic. Plus I'm Eventmaster that weekend. Otherwise I'd be with the guys at NASA.

I'm hoping to make the June NASA event at BW though.

Yeah have fun boys I will be on my 21ft Four Winns Ski boat basking in the AZ sun on the Lake - Wake boarding! One more event for the 944 then she is off to storage for the summer! PIR MAY 8th and 9th!

Jason

Well, hey.................

Things have changed again. Roll with the punches, huh?

A sponsor has jumped up to help little Timmy go racing.

So I'm trying hard to do all the stuff needed to go racing this weekend after having shelved the idea. Where's the caffiene and Copenhagen?