WS Clinic/Race!!!!

Spec-944#70

What a great weekend we had!!! We had 5 guys do and complete the clinic. Then there was another 4 of us for the Cup race. Sunday the Cilic grads were allowed to race in our group and we ahad a great time. This was my first weekend with actual dicing and I couldn't be happier!!! I used to be at the back by myself for most of the race and being lapped by Timmy and Joe. (That AIN'T happening anymore!!) When the race finished Timmy took the checkered but the great ting about this was ALL 9 cars were within 3 sec of each other and thier fastest laps were all intermixed. David Ray made a move on me in turn 9, caught me, drafted me and slungshot by. (That drafting was amazing to watch!!) The faster cars in the POC in our group aren't laughing anymore!! It was one thing to pass just me but now it was a (As they described it) an angry hornets nest of racers and they had to plan the overtaking a bit more. They enjoyed the challenge of getting around us at the right point so we could slow down they guy chasing them.

The POC was very happy with our guys performance, comraderie and attitude. We made a great show as many people said it was more fun to watch our group dicing than the others. There is also some guys thinking about hopping into me car for a test and they may even build a car themselves because they saw the close racing. We have alot of momentum now!!

Talk to you all soon as I need to get back to work,

Just a thought? Out of respect, maybe now we should keep POC to POC and NASA conversations on their individual sites? What do we think?

Yes it was fun having my A$$ handed to me down the straights. DOH!!!

Good point, Dylan. I thought of that also.

Consider this, ALL of the 944-spec/GSR racers are NASA racers and only some of us are POC licensed. The NASA site is where the drivers go for info. We don't have to keep mentioning different clubs, but it's good for the class to share ALL the racing war stories.

Keep it growing!

Also, a few words about the students' driving.

Those of us with licenses weren't allowed to grid at the rear with the 5 cars going through the clinic. They wanted us to keep our grid positions. So I said, "Ok, we'll just start, then wave the non 944-spec drivers by so we can drop back there and race with our buds!" No problem. We did just that. Dennis and I let everyone by, then started working back up through the group. I was impressed. Not one 944 driver made the slightest traffic driving error. We went through some turns side by side, really closely! Drivers were watching their mirrors, checking for cars passing under braking and at the turn in, letting faster class cars through. No complaints from drivers outside our class, just compliments about our guys being "heads up." That was nice to hear. Good on you guys!

I hope some drivers got some good video. I wasn't shooting.

We got some nice pics of all the drivers in the group, then all 9 cars parked in echelon against the wall.

BTW, the POC has an anouncer named Joel who, I'm told, was talking up our class during the race. He kept saying something about the dog fighting going on in "the Flying Circus?" WE PUT ON A GOOD SHOW.

and I'm ready to do it again......................

Dylan,

Yep, protect the innocent.

BTW, Dick Schmidt? An "XXX club member" asked me about the class and looked around at our cars for about 15 minutes! Seemed quite interested.

Oh by the way Tim, you don't have something coming loose on your car. That was me KNOCKING ON YOUR DOOR GOING THROUGH 2!!! You were so close I looked out my window and could see the swirl marks in your paint job! Lucky I'm the excellent driver and was able to hold that inside line, ya bastard!

Yes, it was very much the blast. Glad to see evryone who made it. Not so glad to see the back of them though!!!

P.Dilly.

Yep, while I wasn't there, I heard some very good words from one of the guys in the Race Clinic. He said while people grumbled about other students, basically all the 944gsr guys were not only courteous racers, but seemd excellent at handling their cars. He was impressed that you guys could go flat out through turns 8-9, or so he heard.

I'm dyin' to get out there, and without a greater than expected number of gremlin visits, will be out there for the May 13-15 Fontana event.

Steve

Yes, it was very much the blast. Glad to see evryone who made it. Not so glad to see the back of them though!!!

P.Dilly.

Get used to it Dilly because thats all your going to see!!!

"Get used to it Dilly because thats all your going to see!!!"

That's a brave comment from a man who a) couldn't back up his apparent 39's on Friday and b) who admitted his car was walking away from mine down the straights yet, we were running pretty much identical lap times! (Eric and I ran IDENTICAL lap times our first lap of the TT). So, if I'm losing you on the straights but running the same laps, that equates to better braking and faster cornering. Your mine baby, your all mine!

Possitive thinking!! That's good Dilly. I may be a tad slower in the corners but maybe your car is just slower OUT of the corners!! When David Ray passed my with the draft he just walked on by!! Plus to still have to pass me and maybe I'll get better in the corners. I have skills still improving!!

Possitive thinking!! That's good Dilly.

Heh heh, good one Eric.

the best I could get from drafting was to keep up with you guys. I got no extra suction to go around either of you. Even after getting a run through 9 and catching, I couldn't get any more to go around? Not once out of several drafting attempts did I get anything more than a tow. If I didn't get that run through 9, I would lose you guys down the straight. It will come Eric, I have a 39.9 on the record.

Cool, I think now both of us are pushing each other and before Timmy can say "What's that Blue car on my butt" You'll scoot around the other side and say "What Blue car?".

You'll scoot around the other side and say "What Blue car?".

I'll scott around the other side and we will give him a wedgie he'll never forget!!!

I left my phone at home. Call me at work if you get a chance?

P.Dilly.