NASA Willow Springs May 1-2. Who's going?

Tim Comeau

Who's going?

Hotel roomies?

Dinner at Golden Cantina(long wait) or Black Angus or new place?

Pool/beer party?

I'm bringin' the door prizes!

I really liked pitting next to the snack bar. Everything is close and everyone saw our class.

Ok, So it's:

Comeau

Yousko

Wilberding---water in the oil?

Scott

Reitman

Puddester?

Bernheim?

Anybody else?

Edited by Guest

Jason is in. I'm more than likely in. My wife is getting a little beat from the working until 2 every night on the car then gone for the weekend but, I'm sure she will understand. I have to think about a radiator due to the "getting hot" (not overheating, but running a little above 3/4 in race conditions, traffic), replacing the ball joints and re-aligning with Alarcon. The fuel pump issue, I think I will just replace the DME and perhaps the pump. I have an early model pump in a late model car, is that ok or is there issues?

P.Dilly.

p.s. Oh and trying to remove some weight.

The pump was noisey at the end of Sunday's race, I had NOT heard it all weekend or during the week at home? John (Anderson) and your John both suspected pump issues?

Lets face it, the car was off the road for 18 months, it's actually a testiment to the cars that I was able to pull it apart and put it back together and then thrash it on the track without any other issues? I think it actually did REALLY well considering. I'm stoked to have finished and driven home, that's a win in my book after the hassles I had getting there!

P.Dilly.

As dylan mentioned I will be there. Trying to get my new truck wired with the electric brake control and has some hopefully "small" issues with the car.

I am not even going to worry about times, where I finish etc. I just want to finish the weekend without any mechanical problems, stay safe and gain some much needed track time.

I would like to find out what my car weighs. Where do you guys get it done?

Scales at the track. I read a post where guys go through truck weigh stations or to the dump and weigh their cars.

They will have scales at the track this weekend.

Dylan.

p.s. Timmy, it appears not heat related as it did it pretty much straight away this morning in the garage before the heat kicked in. i.e. within the first minute of start up.

Hey Tim:

Interestingly, I had my trailer and car stolen about 60 days ago and just recovered both INTACT. Unbelievable.

Anyway, that's why I haven't shown up yet this year. I'm signed up with Driving Concepts this weekend. Looking forward to meeting everyone and shakin' the car down. I'll look for ya Sat. a.m.

I'll be up this weekend also but over at the Streets. I commited to be Eventmaster for the STS as I was going to have a friend finish his STS Lic req's this weekend. (Who bailed on me tonight ) So I will see if I can get the Streets lap record in our class this weekend. Anyway I pop over to say hey and look for me over the fence at turn 8. I'll be the one waving at 944's!!!

See ya,

PS - Tim I'll have your Cap and sunglasses with me.

What about my stockings and high heels?

Maybe a few of us should drive over to the P@C Streets of Willow event between run sessions just for fun?!

Naran, Jesus Christ! Stolen? Why didn't you say something? We could have been helping you look out for it. Sorry I didn't know. Glad you got it back.

Ummm, just got back from dropping Jason's car off with a guy who is going to ATTEMPT to replace the head gasket. I took Jason's car over for an oil change bein gthe mate that I am. And out came the milkshake again! Damn, I wouldn't be surprised if he sold it ever since taking posession. It's been a nightmare trip for him. Let me confirm, is it madatory or only suggested to have the steering lock removed? Becuase trying to remove the lock was all he ever asked for. Since, it's been a money pit of repairs. I don't even think he will go online (here) for fear of cutting loose?

Cross your finger that they get it repaired in time?

P.Dilly.

What about my stockings and high heels?

Maybe a few of us should drive over to the P@C Streets of Willow event between run sessions just for fun?!

Naran, Jesus Christ! Stolen? Why didn't you say something? We could have been helping you look out for it. Sorry I didn't know. Glad you got it back.

Tim:

The reason I didn't say anything was the fact they really stole the trailer without knowing what was in it. We thought they would simply discard the car on the way to Mexico. Apparently, trailers are a big deal down there. In retrospect, I guess it would not have hurt to put the word out (and wouldn't have taken any time either). duh. See you this weekend.

Yeah, my trailer got stolen, too! Bad story...........

We'll see you this weekend. I like the Driving Concepts School. You'll learn some good stuff.

Just paid my entry fee. You have my name down on the list. Going to spend some time tomorrow night trying to lose a little weight from the car. That floor sound coating wasn't too hard to remove. Was actually kinda fun for 10 minutes tearing it up! I'm sure it will get old real quick! Is there also sound material "underneath" the chassis/underside?

P.Dilly.

Just undercoating down there. Don't mess with that stuff. The "tar mats" on the inside floors and up onto the tranny tunnel are worth 10 pounds total.

Just use a heat gun and a scraper. Be on the lookout for a metal build tag under the tar mats. I found mine and cleaned it up, then riveted it to the tunnel behind the shifter.

Be on the lookout for a metal build tag under the tar mats. I found mine and cleaned it up, then riveted it to the tunnel behind the shifter.

Ahh, I think I found that where the passenger seat would have been? Didn't look to hard at what it was though?