Became a Rookie this weekend!

924sman

I did my "check out drive with the CI and got a "thumbs up"! Complimented as well on being a good driver, something I did not expect to here this soon!

But for those who may be interested in Heartland Park Topeka new layout I wish to post my experience and give those a "heads up".

The turn in to the new str8 is similiar to Sebring 17 tight apex and very wide but as soon as the car is str8 it narrows in a hurry. 3 of us were fender to fender going into it but the outside car has to back out or get pinched as the track narrows. Stay full left so you can create more drift space and enter the str8 faster.

The second section is a short and fast left going uphill with the apex at the top turning right and going downhill in a hurry! Blind until you reach the flag stand. To enter the first left stay centered in the str8 and aim far left as you turn in you will now see the flag stand to the right. Aim right at the stand getting as far right as possible and DO NOT LIFT! Do not floor it either! I built up my speed as I went and increased till I felt the car get real light then went no faster. I can see the 911's would be very concerned with their rear end happy cars! Be very deliberate and do not get daring or you may go airborne. I found it a riot to drive but my car is much more forgiving than a 911. I also use no brakes at all. Also a 4th gear corner for me and the speed is fast. Another scary feature is pit out and the "blend line". When entering the track the BL is right at the first left making it real dicey for those going out because you will have cars at high speed to merge with. Cross the B line early and trouble is waiting! And you can not see the cars entering off the str8 till it is too late so watch the flagman to help you enter the track safely.

Good Luck!

Now to go out and get more education from the racers aiming at my X!! Cheers! Dal