WTB: BMW E30 325i/325is

Level8Drummer

I'm looking for a BMW E30 track prepped or not track prepped to turn into a track car for hpde's. I need one with a solid driveline and chassis, and a 5-speed of course. Does anybody want to sell one? PS I'm on a budget I can't buy any $15k race cars

And I'm located in Charleston, SC. So I'd like to find one in nc, sc or ga.

Level8Drummer

so Ebay's not a bad place to look? Do you have any tips or tricks for finding a car on ebay? How do I know the engine's good and the chassis isn't rusted or anything else that might be bad news?

Sorry about that, I'm located in Charleston, SC.

Ebay is fine as is any other classfied/ for sale site in print or online.

Buyer beware.

Ask for as many detail pics as possible, ask the right questions, get the owner to take it to a local shop to do a prepurch inspection if its too far away. (if that expense makes you feel better).

Talk to the shop that cares for the car (if possible). I can keep rattling this off the top of my head.....no offense, but its common sense. By this I mean that if your neighbor was selling a car, you might ask them questions, look it over and have a second opinion if you arent experienced enough on your own. Now add a bunch of miles between you and the car and you have to get creative. Talk to the person on the phone, an honest seller will be upfront and offer as much info as possible. Trust your gut instinct.

I have purchased a few cars, motorcycles, and bikes from ebay and other online sources. If you know what something is worth, factor in the hassle and opportunity costs and if you can come out ahead...then go for it.

The best scenario is finding something within 100 miles and go check it out. I have purchased several vechicles 6-8 hours drive from my home. I did all the necessary upfront research and asked the right questions. You should be able to tell quickly if something is "just what youre looking for"....then jump on it.

If you have a budget and intend to track prep.....you might consider leaning toward a car that has been sorted for more money....you'll get more out of your investment in the long run.

best of luck and hopefully we'll see you at a mid-atlantic or SE event soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Look on

r3vlimited.com

This is an E30 only forum with many, many e30's for sale of all levels of track prep. There are fully stock to fully prepped. Great place to look and ask questions, parts and tech for these cars. Call me if you have any questions on buying a car as well. I run an e30 in GTS 1.