WS Race weekend

Spec-944#70

I watched you guys from the Balconey on Sunday and you looked great!!! Dylan and Pete had some good dicing and as usuall Timmy was just spanking everyone! It was fun to watch him start on poll and end up and the back of everyone then work his way back to the front. Dylan and Pete swapped possitions several times and Jason got bogged down at the start and was closing but didn't quite have enough to catch them. (I know how that feels Jason but you looked good doing it!!) I'll try to make BW in June but my family is wondering where Daddy is. I had 2 weekends in a row, then I have Mother's Day (I better make it a good one!!) and then Fontana so I've been away more than I should. I really wish I went racing with you guys but I had commitments at the Short Track.

See ya'll soon,

The 4 of us had some good fun!

Comeau

Scott

Wilberding

Yousko

Strangely enough.............Everybody won a door prize!

(Naran Reitman, # 99, was in the Driving Concepts School, too.) Hope to see him in "The Show" soon!

Yeah, Jason did just fine considering the state of his car, including alignment and no short 5th gear (plus a lack of sleep!). Pete and Dilly did have a good dice while I got to humiliate all the Chic cars and even a few of the slower Hondas. One of those blue, "pesky chic cars" really sqeezed me hard to the outside at the exit of 1. I backed out or we would have had contact. Followed him around turn 2 and went to outbrake him into 3 when he went defensive! The little stinker was trying to hold his position overall I guess. Ok, I'll wait till the faster parts of the track, then use the Porsche's power to get by. No problem.

It wasn't too hot up there yet. Pete and Dylan were using their new cool suits, which worked excellently! I love those things. I decided to kick them both out of the Cheap Ba$tard Racing club (CBR) because they're equipped like the rich guys now.

Lap times were a little slower than last weekend. The best I could wring out of the 924S was a 1:37.3. Sat. I was on the pole for our split group for the first time. That was kind of fun. I got screwed in the Qual session on Sunday, with only 1 good lap. There were only 30 something cars in our group, but sometimes you just can't find a gap big enough to get a clean lap in!

We helped each other out in the pits and learned a little more about the cars. My only problem with my car was 1 time the fan wouldn't turn off. I disconnected the battery and let it sit. Then reconnected it, drove the next session, and it was working fine.

Dylan and I drove our cars home together. I stayed behind him until we hit the 405, just to let him feel what it would be like to keep me behind him for longer than 10 seconds.

Oh, yeah. I don't think there was any contact between cars during the whole weekend. Sat., people stayed on the track pretty well, but Sunday! Holy Crap! Cars were spinning off like the guys forgot how to drive! Messy track. Parts strewn through turns 7 and 8. Lots of rocks. I caused a ding in Dylan's windshield and got one myself, too. I also hit an apex cone (that someone had knocked onto the line) at about 115 mph. Ya think I was going to upset the car's balance to avoid a silly rubber cone? No way. Nailed that sucker and sent it flying into Palmdale!

Pete and Dylan had close best lap times on Sunday.

Yousko- 1:40.295

Scott- 1:40.171

Wilberding- 1:41.712

Edited by Guest

Thanks for the encouragement Eric!

I have everything on video and it makes me feel a lot better about how far behind I ended up finishing. The first lap got hairy in 8 and 9 with an off in front of us and a couple fast charging rsr class cars. I backed off to play it safe and ended up getting pinched....leaving me with no exit speed onto the front straight. Dylan and Pete were already going into 2 by the time I crossed the start/finish. I am no Tim Commeau, so catching up was not easy.

I did dice it up with a crx and miata for most of the race. Can't wait to do it again.....

I would like to make a couple comments about the weekend. Yes, the entire field of Race group A (and group B for the first session of the day) were doing really well at staying on the track with the exception of the Sunday race. I think on Sat session 1 & 2 a total of about 3 cars spun off in front of me, I think that was about it for those sessions. I take responsibility, these guys would pass me, be so busy looking at my hunk-o-junk paint job and being distracted and run off the track. Sorry guys!

As for dicing we Pete. Talk about being comfortable around another driver at speed. Pete's line was so on the money lap after lap. I mean, it was a predictable as can be and I mean that in a good way. I had a ball putting my nose up the inside, around the outside, 2 feet from his back bumper, side by side. Wow, what a driver.

I will admit publicly, I did have to squeeze Pete a couple times, I just didn't have the straight line speed. I gave Pete only enough room to go inside or out, but no 1 inch more. I could run with Pete in the corners, but not on the straight. I have to find that fuel issue. It's beginning to be a drag!

Jason ran a very mature race and practice sessions. Considering the car troubles he had, it would have left me with doubts in my mind about the cars abilities! He ran 1:40's on Big Willow for the first time in 3 years and the first time in that car. And as Tim said, it has some development left in it too!

Tim, you don't need any praise, your ego is good to go! And yes, I was thinking what you were thinking on the drive home. Except, I was thinking, get used to it Tim, it's just a matter of time!!

P.Dilly.

p.s. I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed my final pass on Pete. Splitting him and another driver down the middle into the braking zone of Turn 1. I love to brake late and I love to go deep. It's even more fun when your not quite 3 abreast down the straight and the 2 other cars back out. YEEEHAAAA!!!

Good Job guys.

P-dilly likes to dish it out, but all I can say is WATCH OUT Tim....

When he gets his car even 90% it's going to be some good racing up front. Dylan's car is almost 200lbs. over and has a number of issues to deal with...namely cutting out with more than half a tank of gas.

As for Pete....dude is smooth, consistent and one hell of a guy.

One thing that wasn't mentioned was that Tim dropped back on purpose at the start so he could pick his way through the pack. He hung back perfectly going through 8 and 9 on the first lap. I got tangled up with a H1 Honda guy that went off in 8 and was just getting back on before turn 9. Tim got a great run and blew by me only to get caught up by a rabbit doing his best to block him (and me) from making a pass. The fact that he still won after being that far behind 2 laps into the race just shows how much faster a great driver can make these cars go.

I have a ton to learn, but the one thing that makes racing soooo much better than just looking at times, is the strategy involved. I gained some ground back and passed 3 cars while just running my own race with them....WHAT A BLAST!

I hope to get my cat removed and get the suspension sorted and be a little more competitve for the next race!

Thanks for the comments guys. I try to drive consistently, but maybe I need to get a little more inconsistent to throw a little worry into my competitors! It was great dicing with you Dylan. We were pretty evenly matched overall, but each was faster in different parts of the track. I wanted to pull up and attempt a pass a couple of times in 8, but after my wild ride off 9 on Sat, I was a little nervous about trying outside passes in 8 and 9! Great move up the middle of the honda and me going into 1 to take the lead! But watch out next time.... I'm learning from you guys about 'pinching'!

Thanks to Jason, Dylan and Tim for encouraging me to stay after Sat's excursion off 9. After seeing the bent tie-rod arms, I was set to pack it up. But you guys help convince me it wasn't that bad, and stay and drive on Sun. Look at all the fun I would have missed. Thanks too for the help with my dead battery and trying to figure that problem out.

Timmy, you were smokin all w/e. Great driving. We couldn't even approach your times. And thanks for the help with the sway bar adjustment. And just your willingess to help anyone with any problem or advice on improvements... to both car and driver.

Looking forward to BW and a bigger pack of cars!

Pete

Thanks guys..............You know I try hard.

The help and encouragement I give, including time spent on this forum, is to grow the class and make it better. I see good things in the future for all involved. Most of all, I want to get more competition for myself.

You know, I have just as good a time when I come home from PHX with a second place in both races! I haven't been able to beat Joe yet. It's ok to lose if you have a blast doing it.

Fun, fun, fun.