Rollcage installation question.

REDRAGN53

I currently have a custom made 4 point roll bar in the back half of my Civic (1.75x.120 DOM per NASA specs with correct cross bar on main hoop). I want to complete the cage up front and needed to get an opinion.

Does the cage have to fit flush against the inner body of the car? My current roll bar is several inches from the B pillars where it bends near the roof but provides plenty of buffer room around the driver.

Does a cage have to be as close as possible to the body...or does the design just have to provide for driver protection?

does not have to be flush with the car. The top of the cage should be at least a few inches taller than your head with helmet on though.

Is it off only around the bends or are the sides not flush either? The bends have to be a minimum radius which means no cage will ever fit perfect along the bends, but you should have very little room along the top bar and along the B-pillar. I re-did my whole cage for a few reasons, mainly because I didn't like where the 4point bolted in and the main hoop was bent more than 180 degrees. Pictures help BTW

Sorry no pics to upload...it is however close to the roof and sides...it may be alittle more than 180 but within the +/- 10 allowance.

Glad your cage was strong @ The Rock!