Electricity in the paddock

chumpy36

Is there power in the grass (free) spaces? Any rules against generators?

Thanks!

Jason

There is no electrical power in the grass. You have to bring your own, if you need it.

Loud generators are considered a bit "rude".

Keith, who should have brought his ear plugs for sleeping last year, as should his neighbors...

• 2 weeks later...

Keith is correct, there is no power in the grass paddock. If you want electric, bring a generator.

Mid-Ohio rules state that 'quiet time' begins at 10:00pm. The staff will only come around and ask you to turn off your generator if someone complains about it or they feel that it is too loud. If your generator is quiet enough and no one complains, it could potentially run all night long. If someone complains that it is too loud, they will stop by and ask you to turn it off after 10:00 at night. They will bang on your doors and wake you at 3:00am if that is when someone complains. Best bet, shut down the generator when you go to bed.

has anyone ever rigged large mufflers onto the larger briggs OHV powered generators to quiet them down? I am going to want power all night and I know I will be on the grass again this year. I also dont want to be "that guy" that keeps people up.

TIA for any reasonable suggestions.

The industrial type generators turn at 3600rpm.

The nice ones turn @ 1800rpm.

The inverter types are an on demand variable rpm.

I have a crap one and have contemplated a larger muffler but was told it only helps marginally due to the high speed.

I bet a muffler off a big block Buick would help.

jb