This might be silly, but...

95sprtcpedrvr

I was wondering, for nostalgia reasons, would the scheme and numbers displayed in the pics below would be sufficient for racing.

I had to ask before I make a final decision.

As fair warning the "NEON" will be worded as "NONE" on my car.

1995-det_gp_neonchallenge02.jpg

1995-det_gp_neonchallenge03.jpg

Pay no attention to the condition of the car in the last pic.

Number looks to short. I think the CCR says it has to be 8" high or bigger. Check the CCR to be sure. I made mine 10" high.

The numbers are between 8-9 inches tall so that is not a problem. I'm just concerned about where the placement of the numbers are. Because the number is set in the "O" the placement of the numbers from one side of the car to the other won't be mirrored and on one side the number might not be exactly on the door.

Personally I would do something with the colors to make the numbers stand out more. They are hard to notice through all that mess.

I made mine 10" high.

That's good, because the rules say they must be "at least 10 inches tall". The rules are online in PDF format (which makes them searchable), so there's no reason not to have the latest revision on your computer. Quicker to open and search than to link to the forum and post a question, quicker to verify the answers you give than to preview and proofread your post.

From an occasional T&S worker - Do yourself a favor and make the numbers such that the T&S people don't have to "think" about what the number is - i.e. pick it out of various graphics, decipher strange font, remember a 3 digit number, etc.

If you are in a pack of car 3 wide and 5 deep we do our best to get everyone in order - but the brain can only process so much info at once and by human nature the numbers that are easy to see, read, and write will be the most accurate on the tape.

1, 11, 7, etc are much easer to record than 678, 888, 469....

Quicker to open and search than to link to the forum and post a question, quicker to verify the answers you give than to preview and proofread your post.

If adobe acrobat worked on my office PC I would have done that.

Speaking of numbers. Put one on the roof/hood as well, since T&S is generally located on a higher plane than the cars and when they go by 3 wide it's easier to read the number on the roof/hood. I've had several people that work T&S thank me for putting my number on the hood as it's easier for them to read.

Being that I never saw these cars up close I was wanting to get some opinion on exactly what was discussed. I wanted to use the old "Neon Challenge" car design but was unsure. I'll try to find another way.