Thunder Hill

BrianZ

Looks like you are ready for HC4!

Good driving there- looks like the other guy is still learning you don't need to brake there.

Looks like you are ready for HC4!

Good driving there- looks like the other guy is still learning you don't need to brake there.

Thanks for the kind words.. I hope to get the few things I have left to buy and test real soon...

Brian -- Let's see more!

V8VENOM -- Very nice. I really like your camera and mount. The roof view is cool too, although I really like interior views better for learning a track and watching driver imput. You looked like you were really going well. So, I was pretty blown away at the speed of that camero. That's a big old car to be moving around that fast

Thanks for the entertainment, guys.

Thawley

I need to play with the camera mount. with my roomates camera the video is much smother... this new camera it shakes a little more. that coulnd be becouse of my stiff springs and poly engine mounts too that i changed at the same time I got the camera. I need/want the camera inside for training, that is why I have the camera.. but when I seen some footage i like I throw it up on the net for others to enjoy.. also tring to help promote TT!

I have a helment camera and have some nice fender shots with it

http://trackday.home.comcast.net/Onelap.wmv

I'm using the I/O port camera mount, I need to find what postion the camera vibrates the leaste in too..

BTW.. nice footage... are you going to be doing more TT this year? your WRX was FAST! i could see you come up on me and withing 2 turns you would bolt by (fatster than the american V8's)..

Brian,

I like the footage -- I've been doing racing video footage since about 1999 and also used the I/O Port mount I got from Ken Myers. I used to race in NASA's American Iron series and now just do TT as it is a lot cheaper on my wallet. I've got a lot of in-car video footage from my racing days and pre-race days.

I've gone thru 2 camera's since 1999 by mounting them on the roll cage -- Sony camcorders. I built a custom plate for the camcorder so I could really tigthen it down to the I/O port mount -- this resolve the saking issues. BUT, after 1-2 years the internal components literally vibrate apart and leaves the camcorder useless. So I switched to the remote pencil camera and now keep the base unit (Sony camcorder) surrounded in foam and dampening material.

Cheers, Rob.

Sony TRV350. I have a remote LANC cable plugged into it also so I don't have to mess around with finding the rec/stop buttons.

Sony TRV350. I have a remote LANC cable plugged into it also so I don't have to mess around with finding the rec/stop buttons.

the main reason I stoped using the lipstick cam was video quality.. the camcorder is just much better (altho your lipstick cam looks much better than min).

were did you find the lanc controller.. right now I use the remote that came with the camcorder and tuck it into my seat when I'm on the track..

I got the better quality lipstick cam 480i resolution, the remote LANC cable can be found at the same site http://www.helmetcamera.com

The reason I prefer exterior camera shots is:

1. Exposure settings, being in the car there is less light and often exposure settings cause the actual track to be blown out (aka to bright) while the interior is too dark.

2. You just don't see the edge of the car as well and/or other cars.

3. No deflection created by the windshield.

I've done both, there are Pro's and Con's to both -- but in my book the Pros and longevity of the lipstick camera edges out the interior camera. That being said the interior footage does make for good learning.

I got the better quality lipstick cam 480i resolution, the remote LANC cable can be found at the same site http://www.helmetcamera.com

that is who I have mine from... when I bought mine there was only one version... looks like they have updated the cameras...

• 4 weeks later...

BrianZ - what kind of laptimes are you getting at Thunderhill - is this footage from group 4 or 3.

Thanks

Richard

BrianZ - what kind of laptimes are you getting at Thunderhill - is this footage from group 4 or 3.

Thanks

Richard

The footage in that video is from a DE the T-hill put on (i hate thoes cones they put up). Back then with the cones I think i was running 2:23's

I now run T-hill in 2:11.711. I'm in Time Trail (TTE).

Here is some footage from my last time at t-hill

and one of my favorite moments last time

That is a god time. Is that on street tires?

My best is 2:19 - my car pushes badly due to heavy front end and street tires. Hoping to drop some weight and move the battery before next HPDE event.

That is a god time. Is that on street tires?

My best is 2:19 - my car pushes badly due to heavy front end and street tires. Hoping to drop some weight and move the battery before next HPDE event.

well... the tires are DOT aproved..lol I run Toyo Ra1's. the car is striped with a full cage. The motor it a stock LS motor with an AEM intake, removed cat, and removed muffler. with half tank of gas and me in the car it weights 2440lb