Tribute to Le Mans entries? NO YAKKING ON THIS POST PLEASE!

Tim Comeau

Who do I think I'm kidding? I know you're gonna yak. Just keep it to a minimum, ok?

The entry fee is $525 for the enduro. Minimum of 2 drivers.

Add $100 more for the mandatory second driver!! A new set of tires, brake pads, complete check of car, radios, cool suit, gas, oil, blah, blah, blah. I think it would be cheaper to buy a ride in a Cup Car!!

Now that I see the fees, I'm not so sure with the recent build, rebuild, tweek, diagnose, paint. All on top of medical blah blah blah.

I will make every effort to do the 1 hour if I can find out the cars straight line speed issues, which, I'm hoping are a direct link to the idle issue?

P.Dilly.

California Speedway rental is just too expensive. That is why entry fees are so high.

[start rant mode]

Sure it is nice big track, but from looking at the maps, in car video, first hand reports I don't think that place is worth my money as a spec car driver.

The banking looks like real snoozer in a 130 rwhp car and the rest looks to be fun, but not spectacular.

If were the cost of normal event in sub $300 range then it might be worth the trip, but for more. Nope... I'd rather do Willow or Buttonwillow.

Sure this event may be more since its an enduro, but heck sprint races are expensive here too. So that is just my $.02 on Californa Speedway.

I really don't need to get my jollies looking a stands of 100,000 filled with may 500 to feel like real racer.

BTW... I have similar views of the big track at Las Vegas. Not much fun in a spec car. May be if had another 150 hp it would be different, but I don't so I'll spend my $$$ where I will have more fun.

[rant mode off]

Naw, Joe. It's a fun track on the infield and you really get to wind it out on the straight and banking, downshifting from 5th to 3rd for turn 3. The POC rates are higher this time, but you do get more track time. I didn't mean it was expensive relatively, I meant it was too expensive for this boy! You get good track time with the POC. I'm sure you'd enjoy Cal Speedway!

Joe it's $360 for the weekend to do the normal Cup Race. Add $100 for Friday. If you run the enduro add $225 plus another $100 for the second driver. What does NASA charge to run Fontana. I get it's not much less.

Actually Eric, can't you do the 1 hour Enduro for $125 and as it states, the enduro fee "includes" the Friday practice. So effectively yo can do Friday from $100 and the 1 hour for $25?

Plus the other base fee of $300 etc.

If I read correctly, it says that the $100 Friday fee is included in the enduro fee.

If all goes well, I'll be there for the TT from Fri. to Sun.

s