Lightened flywheels in H2-H5.....RYAN

ITAIntegraLS

The way i read the rules it gets me confused.

9.5 A) it says you can use ANY flywheel as long as a stock pressure plate can bolt to it. and its stock diameter.

B)Says you can use any pressureplate as long as it bolts up to a stock (unmodified)flywheel.

Does this mean i can use a 8lbs flywheel(aftermarket) or a lightened stock one? Please help.

Edo

Trying to break the sound barrier in my H4

Edited by Guest

Does this mean i can use a 8lbs flywheel(aftermarket) or a lightened stock one? Please help.

Yes that is correct. FYI, I am stating this as the NorCal HC leader.

THANX this means Im getting a free lightened flywhel WOOO HOOOOO.

The car is becoming more of a H4 spec than ITA.

• 1 month later...

The technical inspector would need a stock pressure plate, clutch disc and flywheel.

Taking the sample flywheel to be tested, the above mentioned stock pressure plate and clutch disc must be able to be properly attached to it.

Taking the sample pressure plate and clutch disc, they must be able to be properly attached to the above mentioned stock flywheel.

That's how I would test them should I be presented a protest.

• 1 month later...

I'm definetly getting a lightened flywheel. Some more clafication though:

b) Any clutch and pressure plate may be used so long as it would bolt to a stock (unmodified) flywheel.

So this means I can use a different clutch as long as it "would" work with a stock fly wheel. For instance I can get a clutch masters stage 4 clutch because it would work with the stock fly wheel... Is that correct?

• 1 month later...
I'm definetly getting a lightened flywheel. Some more clafication though:

b) Any clutch and pressure plate may be used so long as it would bolt to a stock (unmodified) flywheel.

So this means I can use a different clutch as long as it "would" work with a stock fly wheel. For instance I can get a clutch masters stage 4 clutch because it would work with the stock fly wheel... Is that correct?

Yah that sounds correct to me.