All these questions...strap down points

Steve Rea

Ok, more questions...just bought my trailer and want to know what you guys are using to strap down the 944. I've already got my straps and know it's recommended to cross them to make it as stable as possible, but what are you hooking onto in the car?

Thanks,

Steve

Iwould buy the ratcheting tie down straps that have flat hooks, not the kind with twisted 90 degree flat hooks, nor those other hook types. With the flat hooks, you have the option of going through the wheels. I use the stock towing points on my car, front and rear.

I don't have a good picture, but...

The fronts are pretty easy. There are two loops from the frame rails. These should be pretty easy to spot.

The rear requires a little drilling. I when to home depot and got two of the largest round eyelets I could find. Like 3/8 shaft and 1.5" diameter eyelet. I then installed these in the back of the right next to the rear jack points behind the wheel wells. Find round dounut points behind the rear wheels. Here is a reienforced sections of the body. Just aft of this I drilled a hole and simply bolted the eyelet in backed with thick washer in the car. I have on on each side of the car in perfect spots for tie downs and also great for rear tow points. I don't however have any good pictures.