Impressive stats found on the POC (Willow event) results.

PeanutinCA

I was just doing a scan through the website to clean some old(er) items up. I looked at the Cup Race results of the Clinic weekend when the 944 guys showed up and noticed something interesting in regards to close racing;

The R5 class which I the V3 guys, they are the big show of the Orange Cup race no doubt. If you look at the lap time averages of 1st to last in that group (there abouts), it's a difference of about 7 mph average and about an 8 second best lap difference. Now that's some fun racing to watch. But, go to the results of the 944 guys are you see the following;

First to last average lap difference of 87.862 to 85.236 mph, that's about 2.6 miles an hour for those that can't calc quickly.

First to second last average lap difference of 87.862 to 87.204 mph, that's about 0.6 miles an hour for those that can't calc quickly. ZERO POINT SIX miles an hour difference average speed!

It was impressive when Eric mentioned the 3 seconds a lap difference from first to last. But half a mile an hour average difference, now that's impressive!!! Can't get much closer than that between 8-9 cars/drivers!

Further to that, first R5 finisher to last is a finish time difference of 01:23.6. A minute 23 seconds from first R5 over the line to the last. As for the first 944 spec finish time to second last finisher difference, it's 8.5 seconds! Hot damn that's close baby!

P.Dilly.