Question about ST 2

ViperRacer

with around 9.2:1, if you showed up at some SE event and I had to guess, I'd consider dropping you in "A", but I'm far from being able to make an official ruling

an email that i rec'd stated as follows:

New Viper = / = Old Viper....Why then is a Corvette allowed in PTA? shouldn't an old vette=/new vette.

It is also a tire thing???? the viper came standard with a wider tire...

it really is a shame since an old viper is not an SRT or Comp Coupe.

• National Staff

Corvettes have almost no room for any mods, and do not have room for large R compound tires in PTA. Although the Vipers are heavier, they also come stock with 80 more ft/lbs of torque than the older Z's. I was willing to allow the older Viper to have a PTA* base class, just like the Z's and C6 non-Z's, but that would mean that they couldn't run their usual 335's or 345's and stay in PTA. And, they would really have no points for any motor/aero/suspension mods. Vipers really belong in ST, as do most Z06's. ST2 was tailored for both of those vehicles in T1 trim.

Thanks Greg...I appreciate all the communication that we have had about this Gen 1 Viper. I will proudly race in the ST 2. The car that i will be driving is the last Gen1 car to still be racing. All other Viper Racers have moved on to the new vipers....