New H5 Driver Looking for Advice

Zephyr250

Hi everyone, I finally did it. I bought a race car. It's an 86 Hatchcrap that I'll be running in H5 and ITC as soon as I get my comp license. In the mean time I'll be doing HPDE's and Time Trials with it to get accustomed to it. I'm not sure what to expect but I can't wait.

Is there anything I should expect or need to know about the class? Or anything that I can do to my car to optimize it for H5? I'm new to the whole Honda thing too so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Zephyr

AWWWWW! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Don't be alarmed. This is Mike from GOTO:Racing. We have been running in Norcal H5 for the last two seasons in our 87 crx. My above frustration arose because we have been trying to get people to run with us in H5 for quite a while now but no one seemed interested. We recently retired that car in favor of a 93 del sol si for H4.

H5 is an excelent place to start racing. The cars are fun and cheap to run. They teach you a lot about exit speed since that is all the speed that these cars will have, EVER. Our crx has about 90 whp.

I hope someone will buy our car and run against you in H5.

Good Luck, and welcome to HC.

Mike Lock

GOTO:Racing

#tbd H4 Del sol

PS. come buy and see us at the next event at T-hill.

Damn, too bad I'm gonna be running in ECHC. As of right now I need to pick up a different seat for the car since I can't stand the aluminum one that is currently in the car. I also need new belts. I picked up my suit and a new helmet this weekend so I'm nearly set in the personal safety department, I just have to pick up a few small items. If I get a free weekend coming up that is not occupied by autocross or HPDE or work I hope to go over the car a little more and attempt to sort out a few minor details.

Z

what kind of seat are you getting rid of? I am in the market for a seat for our del sol. I am looking for a 15" kirkey intermediate road race seat.

-mike

It's a Speedway motors aluminum seat. I'm not sure what size or shape or model it is but it doesn't fit me due to my stature. More than likely I'm going to trade it off to one of my friends who will be crewing for me since he is really tall and it will fit well into his Hatchcrap too.

Z

Damn, too bad I'm gonna be running in ECHC.

Z

Z,

Welcome to the ECHC.

Send me an e-mail and I'll get you the ECHC sticker package you will need. There currently are a few of H5 guys/gals, if they were to show up at once. We hope to continue to grow this class... as stated above great way to learn on the cheap.

ECHC H5 racers

Edwards CRX

Harrison CRX

Rubin - Civic

Ratcliffe- Civic

Jedd F.- CRX

[email protected]

John

You guys are so lucky out there to have so many H5 cars. We love our CRX but the is just no one to run it against. Have fun out there. If anyone is looking for an awesome H5 CRX we are selling ours for $3000. It is an 87 si. We have an add up for it in the for sale section of this forum.

-mike

We have a cool bunch of H5ers on the East Coast, though it is challenging trying to get us to all show up at the same time.

It will be great to have another H5 car and driver.

BTW, John failed to mention his old nemesis, which was a 1st gen Integra. It was sold but should be running in a few Mid-West Honda Challenge races.

Keith Edwards

Suffolk, VA

Damn, too bad I'm gonna be running in ECHC.

Z

Z,

Welcome to the ECHC.

Send me an e-mail and I'll get you the ECHC sticker package you will need. There currently are a few of H5 guys/gals, if they were to show up at once. We hope to continue to grow this class... as stated above great way to learn on the cheap.

ECHC H5 racers

Edwards CRX

Harrison CRX

Rubin - Civic

Ratcliffe- Civic

Jedd F.- CRX

[email protected]

John

Also add:

Chris Towne - Civic running in SEHC

Hey Keith, wanna come down and keep Chris company in H5 at RA? He is the only H5 car regged thus far.

Also add:

Chris Towne - Civic running in SEHC

Hey Keith, wanna come down and keep Chris company in H5 at RA? He is the only H5 car regged thus far.

I'm trying, but it doesn't look too promising... My head is due back from the machine shop in a week, so we will see how it goes.

Hopefully, even if I can't race, I will drive one of my street CRXs down and hang out, etc.