Request for someone who can sew

bpanther

Is there someone out there who can sew patches on driver's suits?

A bunch of racers have asked me about getting new patches when they get to the track and ask me if they can duct tape, staple, safety pin them on their driver's suits.

I'm looking for a volunteer(s) who would be willing to bring a couple spools of thread and sew patches on suits on Thursday and Friday. Of course you could ask for donations and tips (I suggest $5/suit). If there is someone interested please get a hold of me and we'll find a place to plop you down and advertise your services. Maybe a couple of hours each day on Thurs/Friday?

Beverly (wife) is bringing a machine.

She will sew every patch brought to her.

Pin 'em where you want 'em.

Texas AI/CMC compound.

jb

Texas AI/CMC compound.

jb

Thanks Jeff!!!!

Texas AI/CMC compound.

jb

Thanks Jeff!!!!

My wife, Linda Kuhns, will be happy to do this. She just asked me if there's an offical spot on the suit for the NASA patch Any idea. We'll be at spots C5-6-7 under the big VFC Enginnerig EZ-up. We just need some Nomex thread.

i can easily do this also, and i will be paddocked with Linda Kuhns in the VFC Engineering tent, we will be in the middle paddock, across from the toyo truck, Row c, #6,7,8. if you have a reserved paddock map.

I have Nomex thread!!!

no charge, you may have to buy my husband a mad brew or find a place to put a VFC sticker!

i can easily do this also, and i will be paddocked with Linda Kuhns in the VFC Engineering tent, we will be in the middle paddock, across from the toyo truck, Row c, #6,7,8. if you have a reserved paddock map.

I have Nomex thread!!!

no charge, you may have to buy my husband a mad brew or find a place to put a VFC sticker!

Sounds like a deal! I love buying beer, and I love putting stickers on my car!

Any day/time better for ya?

we are leaving chicago early wed. am, will be at the track early afternoon wednesday. so if you find us then, fine, otherwise anytime after 8:00 am thursday. drop off then, and be sure you know if something has a definite position on the suit, because i will not have all of that info available to me. Also, let me know at the time of dropping off when you will need the suit back. try to time it so we have at least an hour.

see all you racers in approx. 24 hours!

yes, you do have to use nomex thread, and i have it, in 2 colors. i hand sew the patches on, as most sewing machines don't tolerate nomex, or travel well. (available electricity, exposed to the elements, etc). now, also in this thread, Beverly at the Argent booth will have a machine, hers may be nomex compatible. either way, we have you 'need a patch on suit bachelors' covered!

......and we did sew! approx a dozen racers needed the nasa patch sewn on, which we were able to do. As i said earlier, i wouldn't charge for this, but to a man, they all wanted to pay. having been at the track a month ago and witnessing the tragedy of the john engle crash, i had an overwhelming need when i got there this time to do something, both as a commemoration and for the family. i turned this simple duty into that. anything these gentlemen wanted to pay, i told them i would donate to the family of John Engle. of course, as generous as our Nasa family is, i have a nice envelope to pass on.

if someone has an address for me to send this to, please email me at the following adress. [email protected]

thank you very much in advance, and wasn't it a wonderfull week?!!!!!!