How was Putnum?

Keith

I don't really want to talk about Saturday, but I thought Sunday was terrific. Podium finish for me and I got to lap Griz!

Sidney Franklin

AGS/AI #64

Pontiac Firebird Formula

A terrific weekend. When it started raining Sunday afternoon, initially I was pissed, but it gave me an opportunity to race with a lot of good drivers. The rain was the equallizer for me. Being at the bottom of the rung for horsepower, the rain gave me a chance to hang with cars I would never see on a dry track. Like many others, I wish I would have had time to change to full treads. It was a lot of fun.

It was good to meet some of you guys. Sindney I enjoyed the battle. I hated to see you go down with trouble at the end. I was working my ass off trying to get back to your bumber after my spin. When I ran up on you so fast, I knew something was wrong.

Dave

Luckily I took the checker right behind you before it died. As I went under the flag I lifted and it quit. I coasted off the track and parked it. Should have everything figured out for the next race on June 13th at BHF's. Too bad I forgot to put the video camera in or I would have had great video of your spin. I couldn't help but look over my left shoulder to watch cause I thought you might keep it together. Is that what they call drifting? You were sideways a long time. Wet grass is a bitch!

Sidney

AGS/AI #64

Although I wasn't there I wanted to thank Mark Luna for loaning us a fuel pump (I need your address to send it back) and Greg Brown for a Fuel Pressure Regulator. It turned out to be the regulator that was bad. Has anyone ever heard of that before? I haven't.......

Luckily I took the checker right behind you before it died. As I went under the flag I lifted and it quit. I coasted off the track and parked it. Should have everything figured out for the next race on June 13th at BHF's. Too bad I forgot to put the video camera in or I would have had great video of your spin. I couldn't help but look over my left shoulder to watch cause I thought you might keep it together. Is that what they call drifting? You were sideways a long time. Wet grass is a bitch!

Sidney

AGS/AI #64

I thought I was going to make it back on track without a spin, but like you said, "wet grass is a bitch". I had the steering locked to the left, but it wasn't enough. I have video of my spin and a couple others. I saw a number of people go off directly in front and behind me. I saw Robin B. hit the tires pretty hard, but I guess he got it together and was back out and running.

I'm still working on making Beaver Run.

Hope to see you soon

Dave

Mark Wilson,

I'll email you my address. John Pearson was getting evil that weekend and wanted me to take a picture holding a sign saying, this is mine towards the fuel pump for fun. Tone had it buttoned up so we didn't

Dave,

It was nice meeting you this past weekend. I look forward to running with you in future and having you give me lessons on lines at Putnam. I had a good time racing cleanly with you. You did a great job of giving people room yet not giving up and pushing. You are doing well and keep it up. If possible, I'd like to look at the video of Robin going off. I put the car in the grass right after he hit the wall and I am trying to figure out if I was watching him which means I lost my concentration or I was trying to avoid him. Thanks,

Mark

Mark L.

I appreciate the kind words. I felt pretty comfortable running with all of you guys. It's like you said, everyone is running hard, but no one tried to put their car where it didn't belong, especially in the rain. I noticed you were down in the 1:20's for qualifing on Sunday. Thats pretty respectable for a new track. I'll make you a deal. I'll show you what I've learned about Putnam if you give me a lesson at RA. Email me your address and I'll send you a copy of the video.

Good to meet you

Dave

[email protected]

edit:spelling

Dave,

Consider that a deal. I'll email you my address also. Thanks for the offer. If you want some track time at Road America, we are running an AGS race on July 10th and 11th. Your car would be legal for AGS as far as I can tell. It would give you some time for preperation for our NASA event in October, if it doesn't snow.

Mark