IRS or no IRS?

Mule

Yes I did a search and am still confused. Not as to whether it is allowed or not, but is it something I should purchase? I read complaining that it is an exemption for mustangs and shouldnt be, but I also read that no one has been successful running an IRS. Someone please set me straight. Should I be looking for a mustang with IRS or not?

Actually Jerimy B was very successful last year with his 99 IRS Cobra. Unfortunately he was plaqued by mechanical problems which prohibited him from finishing races where he should have.

Most people go with solid axle because it is a known quantity. If your interested in IRS give Kenny Brown a call as they seem to know more about it than anyone else.

This topic has been discussed at length on other sites (corner carvers and corral net), but like so many things in life there is no clear answer. Most perfer the solid axle over the Mustang IRS do to its engineering limitations. It was retrofitted into a solid axle design. Very few racers use the IRS, so it's difficult to compare. One racer in our region (IN/OH), Jeremy Berhrendt, was very successfull last year with the IRS. I know many who use it for open tracking. I put one in my 95 GT last year for open track events and although I'm a novice, I had decent lap times for an otherwise stock car. Currently I'm racing a solid axle w/ panhard bar in CMC, but looking to make a move up to AI, so I'm equally interested in any new information or experience. Another web site with info http://home.flash.net/~ivc1/cobra/stang.html. There is a rumor that a new car, presumably using the IRS, will make its debut in our area soon.

Dave

#29 CMC IN/OH

Nice call Mwilson7, I just visited the Kenny Brown website. Wow

That is a great site. They offer a 'club sport racer' built from 99-02 GTs. I guess you cant go wrong with either rear end.

Mark

I'm not sure why it doesn't work. Do a google or yahoo search under "Red hot venom". I beleave he posts at corral and cc.

Have you seen the information listed below? He sent me photos. Send me your email address and I'll forward them to you. [email protected]

Dave

Edit: I should clarify. These are delrin/aluminum bushings for an IRS.

Quote from an email:

Thank you for your interest in my bushings.Yes I am still makeing them.Here are the prices and some pictures:

Front diff: $85.00

rear diff: $25.00

UCA : $120.00

LCA: $250.00

Both UCA & LCA : $300.00

All bushings : $350.00

All prices include shipping.All bushings are made to order and ship out about a week after I recieve payment.I accept payment via http://www.paypal.com to [email protected] .

I am currently on vacation and will be returning on the 19th. All new orders will be started then.If you have any questions please fel free to ask.

thanks

Nick