First Race Blues, right and left rear sheetmetal needs

billpennock

So, my first race, it's Laguna Seca, track times going down every session, best time so far 1:54:3, during qualifying my tailpipe decides to dislocate and so there is smoke comming in the car, I'm distracted (imagine that) and finally come in with a best of only 1:55, put's me in 20th. Ok fine. Race starts, up over turn one, down into the hairpin, I'm on the inside, cool, I am going around a couple of cars. Up ahead a fiero or something like that starts to whipsaw but I figure he's not going to loose it, doesn't look that bad. Whoops, he overcorrected, well he's headed outside, whoops, he collects someone out there, now there's two cars, now another and another, pretty soon (like what 1/2 second or so) I'm on the dirt next to the tire wall thinking, just give me one second more before this guy on my right comes backward and I'll be through. Well I didn't get it the time and so he pushs in my right rear from the wheel back and that pushes me into the tire wall which mashes the left side a bit. So now I don't know yet if I can hammer out the left side but I'm sure I'll have to weld in a new right side. Anyone have a car they are parting out?

Bill,

Sorry to hear the incident happened. I just bought a parts car that has two good rears. They are available.