roll cage's

jonsswapshop

hey guy's im new to this and had a question about the roll cages.im building a 1998 acura integra gsr and im not to sure on what size tubing to use and what my weight will be.i have 1 5/8 die for my bender and dont want to have to retool.so any help would be great thank you.

i did but there not real specific about tubbing size.sec. 15.5.18 car weight 2201-3000 lbs 1.50 w 0.120 wall and 1.750 w 0.095 wall.does it have to be ether one or can it be inbetween.

i did but there not real specific about tubbing size.sec. 15.5.18 car weight 2201-3000 lbs 1.50 w 0.120 wall and 1.750 w 0.095 wall.does it have to be ether one or can it be inbetween.

Its my understanding that those are the only two accepted sizes for that vehicle weight.

Pretty clear to me, it's either 1.5 x .120 or 1.75 x .095

Nothing inbetween. You can use the tubing for the next weight range up if you want (1.75x.120) but unless you can't fit the bar with the maximum number of bends, I don't see why you would do that.

PaulC

I agree that the rules only specify 1.5 or 1.75" tubing, but I would think that they would consider the 1.625 tubing to be at least equivelent to the 1.5". So if you build a cage for a car that calls for 1.5 x .120, and you use 1.625 x .120, you should be fine.

-mike

• Members

This is correct. As long as it meets or exceeds the minimum reqiurements for the smallest size (1.5 x .120) the you will be fine. We dont see it often but you could do it. You could have a 1.675 x .120 but not a 1.675 x .095.

Good luck

great thanks for all the help.also does anyone know if im using a type r change over in my gsr will i fall into the hybrid class

Depends on how you do it.

You can do it as a 'body swap' per rule 12.1. It would then be a H2 car provided it is prepared as such.

It can also be run in H1 if that is your intent. Note that it doesn't have to be fully 'built out' to max. limit of the H1 rules to compete in H1.

well im new to this and i want to get everything strait before i build the car,i was into drag racing hondas before this and am in the prosess of selling everything from the old car,i think im a very agressive person so yes i will end up running in h1 or hybrid but i want to start out in somthing lower to get a feel for everything and how it works before i go into h1.but i have the money to buy the type r changeover.i just dont want to be stuck in a clace right now were im going to get lapped 20 times.

so thanks for any help and replys.

We all race in the same group anyway, H1 through H5 that is. The only difference will be the number on your door. I would build your car for the class you want to eventually run in. This way you will not have to sort out new parts when you want to switch to H1.

Mike

GOTO:Racing