2007 24' Eagle Enclosed Racecar Hauler - $5684

Jim P.

I have always been curious...how do you come up with your prices? I mean, they are always weird numbers. IE $5,684 not $5650 or $5699.

I can look at a classified ad ANYWHERE on the World Wide Web and know just by looking at the price, that you are the one selling it.

:edit:

Wait a minute....everything is $xx84 and your car # is 84. hmmm idea.gif

I have always been curious...how do you come up with your prices? I mean, they are always weird numbers. IE $5,684 not $5650 or $5699.

I can look at a classified ad ANYWHERE on the World Wide Web and know just by looking at the price, that you are the one selling it.

:edit:

Wait a minute....everything is $xx84 and your car # is 84. hmmm idea.gif

Could there be a hidden link to Jim's past? Is it the year he got married? The number of speeding tickets he has received (Nah ! ! ! )? Or maybe his favorite album of all time?

I know, I know... the year he picked up his first SS check!

• Members

#84 has an interesting story behind it, when I started racing many years ago with another organization I had to get a permanent # to compete. At the time there were so many drivers who would register their # from year to year "in case they ever got back into racing" so I filled out the form, put my top 3 choices:

#62 - year I was born

#87 - year we were married

#3 - number of kids we had

Needless to say all of the numbers were taken, I tried a few more, the year I graduated from high school, college, etc. all of them taken, finally I asked what wasn't taken - and there were only three #'s - one of them being #84. I have run #84 for most of my racing with the exception of the last two cars this year:

#v87 - Lotus 7

#63 - Pink Panther

(and both of those #'s have meaning)

What I have learned over the years is that if you pick a 3 or 4 digit # for your car you are almost assured of always getting your number, of course unless you choose 911, 944 or 325...

PS. you can always tell my bids on ebay as they always end in .84

• 4 months later...