This Past SAT @ the Q

TheWho

Couldn't make it down there becasue of prior commitements but heard the Spec cars kicked butt!! Good job Wright and Foley.

Yeah, Bill Addy had his car out there too! Little bit of a scare when it started blowing blue smoke out the tail pipe! He just had a little too much oil in the car, so instead of the oil vapors from the block being returned to the intake and burned off, the engine was breathing some "liquid" oil. Harmless enough.

Kim Crosser rented my 924S for the day and we had a blast riding together.

Don't miss the next Qualcomm Stadium DE.

sic He just had a little too much oil in the car, so instead of the oil vapors from the block being returned to the intake and burned off, the engine was breathing some "liquid" oil. Harmless enough.

sic

Actually, it can cause it to run lean and blow a head gasket. Happens real fast. Ask me how I know

I'll defer to your experience, Jeff. I had a little taste of the same stuff last time at BW, but I just drained a little oil out, swabbed out the intake boot, and it was good to go. I never noticed a decrease in power though. I just laid down a smoke screen like a WWII destroyer!

The DE was fun. It was nice to meet Mark and Bill. All 4 of the spec cars were really quick. It was nice to get the wave by from 911's, Boxter S's, and a well prepared 951. Made a good showing for the group.

Mark, what was your best time? I finally got a 1:15.2. I know you were right there as well. Your car looked really good on the track and your driving was just as impressive!

Thanks Neil. I'm looking forward to some good racing with you and the Anderson car. My best was a 1:15.8. In the last session I was running pretty consistently in the low 16's.