Can you guys bring spare parts to BW?

Tim Comeau

I know we usually carry some, but we'll have alot of cars this weekend.

I'm bringing:

an extra upper radiator hose

coolant tank

DME relay

throttle cable

lug nuts

short alternator belt

dist. cap

spark plugs

alternator

Let's keep them on the track.

Edited by Guest

Tim,

How about building a "community spares" box? I have a great aluminum box sitting here, hinged and hasp'd for a pad lock. Its an Aluminum box from a Navy Ship. Roughly 1'X1'X3' long. I could donate a few parts and misc items to the box, maybe others would too? It could travel with you, or another to the events. Be kept at the main Spec Pit area. Just a thought.

Take Care,

I hope to have a van with spare parts up to and including a tranny and head by next year. The box would work, too, but difficult to pack except for in a trailer or truck?

Tim,

I had Trevor ( new addition) cleaning the shop. I would like to offer the NASA 944 SPEC series the following parts. If you accept, you would be doing the group, and myself a great favor. I need a great home for the following items. Maybe there is a way that you can use the "donation bucket" as a small income to help in the way of stickers, drinks, etc etc etc....

1-944 long legged 5th gear tranny, ok shape. Great "get you thru the weekend" tranny.

1- 944 NA 87 head, bone stock. I will add new seals, and clean the valves.

1-944 NA Cam tower and cam assembly.

1-AMW AC delete bracket. Is this legal? Sheet metal, light weight. Not factory...you tell me.

1-Set of late model "tube style" stock exhaust manifolds.

1-Early model 944 NA oil pan.

1-Set of cracked but still good sensor pickups from the flywheel. Again, great "get you thru the weekend" stuff.

1-Set of 944 stock fuel injectors, untested, not flow matched, but working.

1- early model 944 air flow meter.

1- late model 944 airflow meter.

1-set of plug wires, self built.

1-944 coil.

1-944 TPS.

1- 944 NA radiator, not new, but good condition.

1- 944 intake manifold.

1- custom high horse power cam, for the guy that just wants to win...( kidding on this one)

I don't want to offer these as sale items. I would really like to donate them to the series to keep the cars on the track. They are not intended to be used as hand outs for anyone doing maintanance on their cars. For track use only. Since some of these parts are intensive to install, I would suggest the "needer at the track" make a small contibution to the "So Cal Spec Bucket" when taking a part. then they own it, and do not have to worry about returning it?

Just another thought, thats all. Get your van, come load it up

Let me know,

Interesting, but how would we get this stuff to the track right now? BTW, I'd like to buy the tubular headers!

Someone has a truck...right I mean, how do you guys get the cars to the track

Tim, THESE ITEMS ARE FOR THE SPEC CAUSE ONLY , I will NOT use this list to sell the parts. I will not sell any items I mentioned .....to you ....or anyone else, sorry. I would like them to be there for the guys if they need them. PERIOD!

This a big list, and there has to be a way to get them in needed hands...right?

Call me.

But I DO need them. The tubular headers are hard to find. Especially the 1-4 "Y" tube!

Anyway, It's bedtime. Gotta do a tech inspection for Foley, shop, pack, drive tomorrow. I'll check in in the morning.

We can talk John!! I tow my car with a Suburban but I do not make all of the NASA events as I attend another clubs events also. I can make the parts available for either as I live enroute to most of the events. (Fullerton-Orange County)