BeaveRun AI and GTS Challenge

bmw22

Hello All,

For those who don't know me, I'm Mark Barr, GTS Challenge Director and driver of the Red #22 BMW. I just wanted to thank all of the AI drivers for a weekend of good, hard, clean racing. It was very refreshing to go an entire weekend without one single incident involving metal to metal contact. We'll run with you guys any day!

I plan to contact the GTS drivers from this weekend and get their thoughts on running with you guys. And I would love to hear what the AI racers thought about running with us. Post it here or email me directly. [email protected]

Thanks

Hello All,

For those who don't know me, I'm Mark Barr, GTS Challenge Director and driver of the Red #22 BMW. I just wanted to thank all of the AI drivers for a weekend of good, hard, clean racing. It was very refreshing to go an entire weekend without one single incident involving metal to metal contact. We'll run with you guys any day!

I plan to contact the GTS drivers from this weekend and get their thoughts on running with you guys. And I would love to hear what the AI racers thought about running with us. Post it here or email me directly. [email protected]

Thanks

Mark, I was driving the red #26 car on Saturday and the black #33 car on Sunday (both fox body mustangs). I agree 100% with your comments, the GTS drivers were very aware of cars overtaking them and were nothing but courteous. I was repeatedly given room in situations where it would have been easy to pinch someone into and uncomfortable spot.

I would run with your guys any time, and I think that most of the AI drivers that were at BeaveRun would agree with me.

Brian Tone

Ditto on the GTS drivers being aware. It seemed like I was closing on some of those guys at 30 + MPH down the straights. I had no issues with any of them. A couple of 944s even moved over for me between 11 & 12 (one left, one right). They left a gap in the middle for me, I thought about it for a split second, but I decided against it and waited for the straight.

I was only sent into the grass once (in qualifying), and that was by a fellow Mustang driver!

Chris Griswold

AIX # 17

I guess I have a slightly different view than some of the other AI guys (because I am alot slower and was passed more than I passed others). When the GTS guys were overtaking me, I was comfortable that no one was going to do anything to surprise me, and I thank them for that. Unlike the AI/FFR cars, the GTS cars hammered me in the turns and this provided the best passing opportunities for them and they took them quite predictably.

In those few instances that I did overtake a GTS car, I was given a more-than-fair amount of racing room. Thanks to you GTS guys!

Edited by Guest

I have no complaints... the Big Bore race was all good clean racing. I liked running in the bigger field.

E Fisher #12 #33

AI Mid West

Ditto on the GTS drivers being aware.

Let me clarify. I meant I agree with a previous post that they WERE aware. They all did a good job and gave me no surprises.

Although I wasn't racing this weekend (STILL WAITING FOR THE BABY!!!) I think running with the GTS crowd is a great idea because one of my #1 rules of racing is always race with people who's cars cost more than yours!! (j/k)

The only part I wouldn't like about this arrangement is that I enjoy watching the GTS races. The GTS cars seem to be of similar speed and size which makes them easy to see and run with.

I'd also like to thank all of the GTS drivers for not hitting my car while Brian Tone was busy abusing it!!

Is anyone else amazed at the 1:01 run by Chris?!?! That is ABSOLUTELY flying!!!

I drive the red/yellow C5 vette. I had a great time running with the BB group this weekend. I apologize for anyone that I came close to with my spin during Saturdays race. I had a blast on Sunday when the track was dry. I was able to get some good laps in before I got too hot.

I drive the red/yellow C5 vette. I had a great time running with the BB group this weekend. I apologize for anyone that I came close to with my spin during Saturdays race. I had a blast on Sunday when the track was dry. I was able to get some good laps in before I got too hot.

I was right behind you for most of the race on Sunday (I believe until your car got too hot). I was in the white Mustang with the really subtle neon yellow mirrors. That was fun running with you. Great looking car!!

Is anyone else amazed at the 1:01 run by Chris?!?! That is ABSOLUTELY flying!!!

Wow, your right, that guy is amazing!

Now that's clearly patting yourself on the back. Oh well.. you dererve it. Good driving out there..

HMMM... How do I find an extra 200 HP so I can keep up?

Hey Chris,

You were flying. I managed to get inside of you in Turns 2-3 during Sunday's race after you blew past me on the straight. Your car sounds great on my video.

Hey Chris,

You were flying. I managed to get inside of you in Turns 2-3 during Sunday's race .

Mark, that's only because he slowed down to wave at the crowd and take a bite of his sandwich he was eating during the race:-)

Hello guy new to the form, My name is Paul Hamm GTS 3 (white/orange bmw). It was fun running with you guys. Lots of room and fun to watch you guys race from "an in car view."

31 cars on a 1.5 mile 12 turn track with no problem, good driving by all. We could actually see all the car in our mirrors. Sometime to get out of the way, sometimes to make sure it was a clean pass, great mix.

Paul

Mark, that's only because he slowed down to wave at the crowd and take a bite of his sandwich he was eating during the race:-)

Actually, I was asking you for some Grey Poupon. You ignored me, or maybe you couldn't here me over the engine, so I kept going.

My name is Paul Hamm GTS 3 (white/orange bmw).

I watched the in car video of us going into turn 10. Nice car control- It didn't look good for a couple of seconds there. Oh well, all turned out okay.

Chris

It got a little dicey for me when you, the red E36 and I went three wide in Turn 9. Lots of dirt and marbles out where I was.

It got a little dicey for me when you, the red E36 and I went three wide in Turn 9.

I had to check the video tape to see, I didn't remember going three wide IN turn 9, just approaching it. According to the video tape I was clear, but it looks like you BMW boys were side by side- Sorry

Tone- I checked the tape for total laps. I ran 20 race laps plus the 2 pace laps. The tape doesn't lie. For the record I had only 17 on Sunday not 18 as the results show. I don't know what happened there with T & S.

Marcus,

Great shots from Beaver Run and Mid Ohio. Your pictures are better than the pro ones at Beaver and you didn't charge us $25 each.

John

Thanks for the compliments! I think that the Beaverun guy does some good stop-action shots, so I tried to do some blurs for something different.

I don't charge for those but you're always free to contribute to the beer fund (or order reprints, whatever).

- Mark

Well it seems that Jim Pantas was so impressed by this Love Fest, he has placed AI and GTS together again at Road Atlanta. I look forward to running with you guys again.

• Members

Yes I was!

I am looking forward to having a blast with all of you! take it easy on me!

See you all Friday!