BW Results???

David J Marguglio

Timmy won. What's new?

Kidding. Timmee claims he slowed but I think Pete was giving him a run for his money. Jeff was up there once he passed me. I broke my own rules and made a change to the car before the race. I learnt my lesson as the car pushed off the last turn and I went dirt tracking. NEVER CHANGE THE CAR BEFORE A RACE!!!! Learn it folks. Sat qualifying was a cluster .... I don't think any of us got a real qualifying time due to an RSR beaching itself over Lost Hill. I know my own time was 11 seconds off my previous session. I started in 7th of the 944 and promptly lost about 8 positions to Jeff in turn 1 after following him from the Green flag into turn 1. Not sure of the others races on Sat but I was stuck behind an RX7 and a Miata that just would not head the blue flags. I even turned my headlights on and they wouldn't move. I was driving along side them in the exit of bus stop and no, they wouldn't give it up.

Sunday race, Pete took pole by 3 thousands of a second, dang that's close. I was 3rd, off ther pace by about 3 tenths. Not sure what Sunday's race times were like? But Pete hounded Tim, Jeff hounded me. Pete lead the first lap until cotton corners, when Tim stuffed it up the inside and gentleman Pete gave him room (I would have pinched him ). As I said, Jeff was hounding me down the front straight. I was struggling to keep it on in that last turn (not sure why, the car just would not take that turn)? I chased my a$$ the whole weekend so to speak, stepping out wildly. The engine seemed to run ok with a could stutters over the 2 days. The 100 pounds I took out seemed to make the difference as I no longer lost ground to people on the straights so I think that is working now. It up to suspension set up from here.

Side question, does one setup work for every track? No right? Can I set it up to work at Willow and then just fine adjustments for other tracks?

Everybody was fast and making leaps in times the whole weekend.

Sat results;

1) Tim C.

2) Jason W.

3) Jeff Grow

4) Dylan S.

5) Pete Yousko (?)

not sure after that?

Sun results;

1) Tim C.

2) Pete Yousko.

3) Jeff Grow

4) Dylan S.

5) Jason W.

6) Mark Foley

7) Eric S.

In Saturday's race, I got a good start and ended up ahead of few people coming out of the first corner. 4-5 laps later I was spun from a smack to my left rear wheel by an overtaking H1 car in Cotton Corners and lost 2nd position to Jason. Almost got t-boned by Jason as he came over the hill. Disappointing as I fought hard to get by Dennis and Jason and was reeling in Tim like a muddy-water catfish.

On Sunday, got by the Dill-meister and went to work on Peter. Stuck my nose in his business a few times but couldn't seal the deal. Tim, Pete and I went around the track inches off each other's bumpers for about 10 laps. Ended in a drag race and I dropped 2 off in the dirt in the last corner in a last-ditch attempt.

Bummer Chris busted his oil pan in Saturday's race as he was running strong. Lot of bumping and grinding on the track this weekend.

Bummer Chris busted his oil pan in Saturday's race as he was running strong. Lot of bumping and grinding on the track this weekend.

What happend? Did he go off track and run over something?

You got it right.

I was running alone in second place with no traffic in front or behind when I put two wheels off tracking out onto the front straight. I high centered on the edge of the curbing and apparently the oil pan doesn't like that. It wasn't very dramatic an incident but when I got back on the track and the dust cleared I had blue smoke trailing out the back. The leak wasn't that big but the wind was blowing the oil onto the exhaust. That warning made me pull over before I drained the crankcase so I didn't damage the engine. Still had 3 bar at idle after I pulled off.

Looks like I missed some real fun on Sunday.

Yeah, Chris, I was bummed for you. I thought you, Jeff, and Pete would be giving me a hard time by the end of the weekend. I guess Dennis got sick and went home?

Man, was it hot! Right at 100F both days. We set up camp on the grass and hung banners from the E-Z-Up for more shade. Cool suits were a must.

My experience was:

On Sat- Qual on pole in class, got a good start, was keeping up with the SE-R's, but the engine temp went up to 3/4's and the tires were getting too warm. Why risk losing the class win to keep up with guys who aren't even in my class. Ego. I backed off to maintain position, temp came down, finished first.

On Sun- Qual'd behind Pete by .003 secs. Got a good start and went after Pete. Got a run on him into the grapevine braking zone and he wasn't defending! So I slapped him down like a 50 cent omelette! I started running hard, then remembered the high engine and tire temps from Sat. so I tried to stay just in front of Pete. He was doing just fine! While going into the Esses, I saw 2 SE-R's get together about 300 yards ahead in the sweeper. One continued, one didn't. HUGE dust cloud coming across the track............They went off on the outside, so I stayed way inside and slowed down, hoping that if the one was coming back on, we wouldn't hit. I was in that cloud for about 4 seconds with ZERO visibility! SPOOKY! I thought I was going to run off the track! All I could do was maintain my radius and hope that I was still on track when I could see again! No problem cuz Pete was at a comfortable distance.............

Hey! Bright white sunlight! But why is my big Wink mirror now completely red? Guards red! Yikes! It's Pete! Right on my bumper.......I stabbed it into 2nd gear and bent the floorboards. That was too close. I drove hard for a few turns. Pete was driving over Lost Hill faster than me. A few more laps and Jeff started coming into the picture. So I slowed down even more, where I knew Pete couldn't pass, to let Jeff catch up to Pete. During the race, Jeff's fast lap was only 1/10th slower than mine. I was hoping Jeff would set to "worryin'" Pete so as to take some heat off my arse. He did pull along side into Sunset but couldn't make it stick coming out. I was cheering for you guys! On the last lap, my car stuttered hard twice at the bottom of Cotton Corners. My heart sank for a second, but the engine picked back up immediately........I was driving hard and sweeping my gauges! Everything looked fine....the car finished in first place, but what the hell was that?! No problems on the way home either.....

It was fun but hot.

I was pleased with 9 cars, but 12-15 would have been better.

Track time was short this weekend, but I love the 2 races per weekend!

I won again, but we got some new faces on the podium!

This will really change the points standings.

I gave away around 12 or 13 door prizes.

I received good feedback from Ryan at the end of the weekend regarding our class newbies! You guys have the right attitude and you're learning.

Let's get ready for Willow in July! There's a PCA TT at Willow in June for practice.

At your service,

BTW,

Congrats to Jeff Grow for getting on the podium TWICE last weekend!

Congrats to Jason Wilberding for a FINE 2nd place finish on Saturday!

Pete Yousko did great too! I wasn't driving 10/10ths, but I did really have to watch my mirror to make sure he didn't get a run on me!

I'm POSITIVE Chris Benbow would have been a factor on Sunday had that curb not jumped up and bit his oil pan!

This class is getting better/closer with every event this year, ain't it?!

Driving.....for the love of it!TM (Comeau Racing Enterprises)

Of course you can't comment on your Enduro Co-driver, because he will be faster once he gets his car together huh!

P.Dilly.

You always do fine for what you have, Bonehead! I EXPECT you to do well. Get that dang car sorted out and let's have a go! I'm getting rusty having no one to dice with..........

Who you callin' bonehead, Monkey butt? Your rubber I'm glue!

I do hope to get the car "sorted" soon. Still have to investigate that stutter problem as it raised it's head again on the weekend. Then get down to making the car neutral handling? It was "odd" handling on the weekend? At first it was stepping out big time. I put some grip into the back and it started to buck a little, switching from slide to oversteer. Then in the last race it was pushing in the last turn (to the right) and stepping out through all the lefts. And NOT puihing in any other rights which may have been the way I was driving it? I did notice later that my pedals don't sit the same in this new car as the old and the heel/toe which I'm normally good at, I was not so efficient with watching my video. But, the step out did not seem compression lock up related, I would be half way through a turn and THEN it would started to step out? Making me question what the LSD unit was doing? I was getting a lot of rear wheel spin? Very very strange indeed?

P.Dilly.

p.s. I'm not attempting to make excuses, I'm hoping someone might read something they have experienced and have some suggestions for me? Anyone?

As we somewhat discussed on the phone, differences in handling left to right make me think at least part of the problem is alignment, Corner balance? I though your Phantom locker was supposed to act like an LSD, thus no wheel spin? Could it be installed incorrectly?

I know my "Phantom Grip" has worked in the past, you could feel it engage? That's what was strange about the wheel spin out of the third cotton corners (left onto the short straight) and the sweeper onto the back straight up towards lost hill. I also had my rear tires on the front back at Willow with a big push in the car and put a big 1/4 wear groove in the tires which I wonder about? I'll have it looked at. It would be nice to have a shop who comes out to the events to work with these cars. A shop in the South Bay that is.

P.Dilly.