With the season over for most people.....

WarmPepsi

When can we honestly expect the '08 rule set, as Florida has some extremely early events, and the rules this year were finalized after the start of the season.

Not pushing for any changes or whatnot, just want to know what cards we're getting dealt, so that we may set our plans.

Thanks.

yeah, florida actually ran a 2007 pts TT at homestead, in dec 2006!

May take a trip up to some of the SE tracks next year, would be a great change from the florida flatness.

and we'd love to have you... I think you'd have fun with our guys and it would be great nationals practice since we basically run our sessions exactly the same

Yeah, thats tough. We get a couple months to completely go through the car and its nice to know what we can change along the way. Thank God we dont start until February.

A Dec event should wrap up that year's regional championships, not start the following years points chase. That makes no sense.

In our series, we harass the directors for info as to whether anything is planned for discussion. If you're lucky everything is finalized by early December.

But why would you arbitrarily install something on your car if it were outside the limitations of the rules?

I think he is worried that whatever he may put on the car will be a newly outlawed item for 2008. Something that adds more points than he has available or something similar.

ok, that makes sense. It would really suck if the rules tightened up perhaps in respect to a part you just installed.

Yeah, I'd be pissed.

I had to pull parts from my last year TTB car (with points to spare) to fit inside the new TTA rules this year - so I am more cautious about any mods this year...last year it was the massive change in tire points more than anything else.

Yeah, i'm throwing on an intake right now that i had, and doing some custom fabbing with it... It'd suck to have it be a 5 pt mod in a few months, ya know?

All you can do is plan for the current rules and hope you don't get screwed, i guess.