Can anyone think of a series where this is legal/illegal?

Driver

I'm getting ready to plumb my brake proportioning valve, and I want to adjust it from the driver seat. My options, ranked by ease of install:

1: Plumb the lines on the passnegers side into the cockpit just right of the shifter.

2: Put the regulator in the transmission tunnel, with the knob poking through a hole into the cockpit.

3: Put the regulator in the engine bay, on the fire wall, and use the "snake" adapter off my dremmel to make a remote knob turning thing on the dash.

Problems:

1: High temp, high presure fuild in the cockpit.

2: I have a skattersheild, but a driveline failure can still cut brake lines if they're in the tunnel.

3: Pain in the butt to install, uses extra parts.

Recomendations for other methods?

just look online at pictures of race cars. You will see numerous cars with the prop valve behind the shifter. The rules clearly state that any fluid in the cabin (less water for the driver) must be in a braided or metal line. Brake lines are not of any danger to the driver as oil, coolant and fuel lines are.

I have my rear line running from the axle to the chassis at the stock location and from there I ran a new steel line immediately into the cabin through a hole I drilled in the floor ( the line passes through a grommet in the hole), it is held in place by several insulated clips bolted to the floor, running up to the prop valve. From the valve the line travels up to the firewall and again through a grommet in a hole I drilled and on to the master cylinder.

All of this was factory stock plumbing, I just re-routed the rear line inside the car for convenience and protection.

Oh and the dremel extension line was clever. I dont think I would want to use anything like that as it seems far more complicated and likely to NOT work. Keep things simple and you have fewer problems.

KISS method.