NASA Driving Time

TheWho

Glad everyone returned safely and Tim won both races. Can anyone tell us, since NASA doesn't publish their schedules, how much track time did the 944-Spec class accumulate over the weekend (60 minutes/day, 80/90/120?

Thank You

NASA puts out the schedule via emailer, 3 days before the event, to those registered. It is based on who registers. We were scheduled to get 70 minutes on Sat, and I believe the same on Sunday.

I'm going to post about the upcoming PCA TT at Willow for a great amount of track time, which will serve as additional testing/tuning time for the next NASA event there in July.

We got 70 min both Sat/Sun but with all of the offs and road crew gathering up of cars I got 18 laps in on Sat and 22 laps on Sun. ($6.85/lap!!) This was not NASA's fault but the wild driving of some of the competitors. Sat after doing 6 laps on a track I've never been on I got 3 yellow flag filled laps to post a stunning 2:28. Sun during the race I got it down to a 2:17. Still pittifull but better. I should have taken the time to go to Fridays test and tune and got 4 hours of track time for $150. We still had a great time though!! If it wasn't for all of the 944 guys pitting and hanging out together I don't know what I would have done to pass the time. Plus the raffle was cool. Thanks Tim!!

Now to figure out why my motor overheated!!!

Eric, I didn't know that was your first time on that configuration. You did just fine then! Why didn't you ask more questions? You can always ask me or even call me before the event.

At your service,

I was happy with my progress also and we I did watch video's and talk to Dennis. I was supposed to follow him on Sunday so he could show me exactly where my car should be but he got ill. No big deal as I still had a great time!!! I think I'm just a bit of a slow learner and need to repaet the lines over and over. That and get my car up to the HP level of the others and I think I'll be good.

You did fantastic! You didn't have contact and you avoided the emergency vehicles

I had fun too, however I had more fun on Sunday than Saturday.

Yep, you guys did great, seriously.

Eric, we all can see that you're down on hp. I'm serious when I say you did just fine for what you have. And you can tell your wife that!

I'm serious when I say you did just fine for what you have. And you can tell your wife that!

I'm sure she already knows. Did you guys bunk together again?!

Glad the way this post played out. Guess that means the Anderson Motorworks car has the Horsepower (HP) that Eric is looking for, not suspect (HP).

Eric: Call John directly for some helpful advice. You'll be amazed at what you can do to build more HP.

Sorry Timmy, we went, you're on vacation - Dyno said "xxx"?? It's not as bad as you thought, only 165 hp at the sterring wheel.

At the steering wheel, now that's a new measurement! how much power loss des that translate to through the steering rack?

Well with 165 at the steering wheel the question is how much gets l lost between the steering wheel and the drive wheels. Given that the driver needs get that power down and these cars are NOT front wheel drive...

I'd say all of it!

Then again 165 hp is probably accurate for what the driver THINKS they have!

Then again how good is it going to to feel when you get your rear handed to you and you think you have 165 hp! Heck even you know you don't how will P Dilly feel spanking that 165 hp monster!

You know his head is already pretty big. Solidly beating a 165 hp 944 will make his head so big he will need a XXXXL helmet. Might not even fit into the car.

You know his head is already pretty big. Solidly beating a 165 hp 944 will make his head so big he will need a XXXXL helmet. Might not even fit into the car.

I hope your referring to Timmeeeeee?

Actually P Dilly I was refering to you...

Tim's head is already too big to fit in the car. He already assumes he can take that 165 hp monster so when it happens it will just confirm's his understand of his own master skill.

You Dylan are still learning my friend and beating a "165 hp Monster" will just spur your "growth"...

My feeling is this.... Why joke about having 165 hp? All it is going to do is make you look really bad after you get beat by the regulars like Dylan and the gang.

I'd rather say I have only 120 hp... At least I can use that as an excuse!

PS... David.. yes this a little "challenge"

"Talk is cheap... Shut up and drive" Thats my motto!

OK ya got me. DOH!!!

I'm just working on the surprise attack to catch Timmeeee when he's not watching. Although, I think the Yousko is a man to watch for, Benbow is the quiet acheiver, Grow is a man on the move, Puddester is always in there with a fight, Wilberding is learning 'rea'' fast, Sorensen has his home favorite tracks. Then Mr. 165hp is barking at his bumper also, it's only a matter of time before Timmeeee goes down, down town!

P.Dilly.

p.s. I got a bigger helmet in preparation.

Don't worry about catching Timmy.

It will happen. All most of you guys need is time in the car. Over in so-cal Timmy has the MOST time of car of all of you guys. Combine that with his prior expeiriece in the 3.1L Anderson car and tail draggers and am I not surprised to see out front early. You guys are catching up. Dennis P has gotten the better of Timmy a few times and Pete is also getting closer in proven car.

BTW... it does NOT take 165 hp or a special car to beat Tim.