Get signed up asap for the PCA Time Trial June 26-27!

Tim Comeau

I don't have to arrange a date for you guys after all. San Diego PCA is putting on a Time Trial at Willow Springs on June 26th -27th. This is an event with gobs of track time normally. I want to use it as test and tune days to prepare for the next NASA race date at Willow, which includes a 3-hour night enduro! I want to try suspension changes, measure fuel economy at this track, and maybe swap cars and drivers like some of you did on Friday at Button Willow. Wouldn't you like to drive my car? I know I want to drive some of yours. I've wanted to drive a "stock rear torsion'd bar" car for some time now.

The cost is $275 if you register online by the 11th. After the 11th, there's a $50 late fee, BUT, our very own Jeff Grow is handling that stuff, so if you twisted his arm.............

Still at your service,

Those attending:

1. Comeau #22

2. Rickard # 77

3. Grow # 30

4. Spargo #16

5. Foley #59

Edited by Guest

If I can schedule it in, I think it will be money well spent. Plus, I want to drive your car to a 1:35 and shut the gallery up for good!

Who else wants to come and swap cars? Eric, will your wife allow it? In the name of practice? What about 1 day, do PCA allow one day at a reduced rate?

P.Dilly.

What about 1 day, do PCA allow one day at a reduced rate?

Yes, I think we'll charge $150. Saturday is the day to do it. It will probably be 2-2.5 hours of track time

Ahhh CRAP!!!! They just moved my project implementation to the Friday 25th. Meaning confirmation of the system early hours Sat morning 26th. Jeff, can I do a 1 day Sunday?

P.Dilly.

Jeff, can I do a 1 day Sunday?

Yes, but some track time will be taken for doing timed laps on Sunday. PCASDR is now using AMB transponders so it should be pretty efficient.

What's the deal Jeffy? Is it non-timed runs during the day and then just timed runs at the end of the day? Do you have a schedule or is there one posted somewhere?

Just like with POC, there will be time set aside in the afternoon of the last day to capture "official" times. I've never actually run a TT using our new AMB system so I don't know if the lap times for every run session will be available. Obviously we'd want them and I'll look into it. The schedule will be created the week of the event, but its almost always 4 different run groups 8:00am-5:00pm.

Most excellent, Mr. Grow............Way to be accomodating.

Anderson, bring the car up anyway. And you probably should start driving it anyway (AX) just so you can better relate to the driver's input.

Add your name here if you are planning on going. I'll move it up to the first post and delete your post. Let's get a bunch of 944's up there!

Did ya got me Jeffy? My forms? I'd like to TRY to do Sat.P.Dilly.

Yes, and as of right now we have Tim C., Tom Spargo and Mark Foley coming w/ spec cars.

• 2 weeks later...

Added new names to the list in the first post.

Again, this is great practice for the upcoming NASA event on July 10th and 11th.

Did you see that email? Three groups in total with about 11-13 drivers in each?

My project got moved again, to the Friday night before the next NASA race weekend. They are trying to make it for the Wednesday because I told them I would be racing that weekend. But, I have 2 b'days Sat so I may still only make the Sunday? You ladies be sure to save some track space for me!

P.Dilly.

Just for the record, if they haven't found my gremlin then I can't risk screwing my computer up. Thus will not be able to make this practice weekend? Fingers crossed they spend some time on it and figure it out!

P.Dilly.