Who's going to Willow Springs July 10th-11th?

Tim Comeau

This weekend will include a 3-hour night enduro! I'm in for the regular sprint races and the enduro. Our cars are classed in E2 for endurance racing in NASA. I'll drive it solo, but will need a crew to fuel, check oil, and possibly swap a tire or two. NASA enduro rules state that the driver can remain in the car. No mandatory number of pit stops, no time restrictions on pit stops. Last time at the Button Willow night enduro, our 944 drivers pitched in ( Dylan, Tom Spargo, Dennis Puddester and his lovely girlfriend Laurie) and we almost kicked butt in E2 without even trying! ( we lost by 2.5 seconds!) We finished 8th overall out of 29 entries not by running fast, but by just staying on the track, out of trouble and laying down the miles. This time, if we make a concerted Porsche 944 effort, who knows how high we'll finish.

Anybody else want to enter the enduro? Dylan and Eric both ran the Tribute to LeMans 3-hour at Fontana. All of us know the track.

Come on guys! Let's do it!

Tag-team it with somebody you love!

Those attending:

1. Comeau

2. Scott

3. Rea

4. Wilberding

Those not attending:

1. Benbow

2. Sapareto (Good Christ! How many 944-spec drivers names end in the "O" sound?!)

3. Foley

Edited by Guest

Tim,

I would love to run with you guys, however, finances and mid moving have prevented me from getting a trailer this summer. Once the dust settles, maybe I can borrow or rent one and get some different track experience - especially if AMP doesn't reopen in the fall as planned. We are hoping things will get resolved there - it looked good for a while but then turned sour again. I haven't heard anything in the last month. Dan has some PIR dates lined up but there seems to be a bit of a crunch for track time here in Phoenix this fall and winter.

Ok, Let's start building the list of attendees. See the first post of this thread. I'll delete your post and add you to the list above, ok?

I'm in. But why do you need to delete my post? Perhaps I have something to say and don't want you to delete it? Like, like hi guys, I miss you all. There, you can't delete that now!

Nope. Wouldn't want to delete that! But if you just posted, "I'm in." I'd delete that just to simplify things, and add your illustrious name to the list .................................................of losers! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Who loves ya, baby?!

( I don't take editing or deleting posts lightly. Being a good American, I'm very aware of the perils of censorship.)

Nope. Wouldn't want to delete that! But if you just posted, "I'm in." I'd delete that just to simplify things, and add your illustrious name to the list .................................................of losers! OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Who loves ya, baby?!

( I don't take editing or deleting posts lightly. Being a good American, I'm very aware of the perils of censorship.)

So add my name you freakin' loser!!!

Edit: Ok, Dylan, I'll do it now!

TC

P. Dilly - I'll pick up entry fees but you have to get the car there, JA R/B, gas, and home. You'll kick TC's butt either way, even in the enduro (although we don't have lights) so use a flash light. I'm in Europe during this race or I'd be there.

Anyone else, the Anderson Motorworks car is avaliable to kick ___ against the #22. Call John.

David it's tempting. But Mellow Yellow is running now. It needs the setup time. If I spend more time in John's car, it's less time that my car gets setup? I'd be happy to run a session in it one weekend you guys are there. If I can't beat your times, I'll pay you guys. With the right car, I'm quietly confident I can drive it fast. I just am still working on making my car, the "right car".

P.Dilly.

Keep pluggin' away, Dylan. I'm confident you'll get that puppy sorted out quick enough.

David, David, David.............................When will you realize that you're really not up against the #22 car? You're up against............... "Timmy!"

I think it would be great to go head to head with the Dillster in the upcoming NASA enduro. But if he's busy driving, who's gonna fuel my car?...........

Please do drive the mellow yellow fellow.............I need drivers to push the E2 class points leader farther down the points ladder.

Guilty as charged................

I'm in second place by 10 points after the 3-hours of Button Willow. I think I can win the E2 class, 'cept them Hondas maybe, and place well overall. The West Coast Endurance Championship is the goal. If I can win and some 944 teams finish ahead of the class leader right now, we can push him well down into the lower points earning positions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on getting out there with a few guys on Friday for Test and Tune, then to participate in the HPDE Sat. if all goes well with my car.

s