Best rotors for Mustang Cobra?

Driver

I'm looking through the market and I'm not particularly impressed. I'm putting together a swap up to the 13" Cobra fronts, and everything has holes or slots in them, that's not something I need.

Thus far I've determined my best bet is NAPA or Autozone premium rotors with free replacement. I.E. when I kill them, I take them back. This may well be twice a year, but at least I only pay once.

Any other experiences?

NAPA and CarQuest both have quality rotors in their "highline".

I would highly recommend Brembo replacement 13s as well.

Best bet is to spend more $ up front and get aluminum hats with replacement rotor rings. This will get you the best material possible and might very well last 2 seasons. The hats should last much longer.

Best bet is to spend more $ up front and get aluminum hats with replacement rotor rings. This will get you the best material possible and might very well last 2 seasons. The hats should last much longer.

Holy Oh snap, 2 seasons? That may well be worth the investment. Trouble is, in the time period in which I'll have to make these brakes happen, I probably won't be able to come up with that kind of money.

2 seasons is a guesstimate based on what I see other racers getting from the set up at maximum use. They see close to if not a full season. Assuming you wont push as hard at first, you might get 2 seasons out of rotors. No idea on pad life as that depends on what you use.

I've been a Hawk fan for a while...but that's probably due to me driving a car who's only performance brake pad option was Hawk.

That's finally changing with these brakes, though.

I have a 97 cobra that i've punished thru 4 HPDE events. 2nd time out at road atlanta last august i cracked both front rotors, powerslots with hawk hp plus pads. I replaced with solid Bembos (about $65 at tire rack). and haven't had any trouble since. Ran 2 days at VIR and 2 days at Barber, still in good shape. They should last atleast 2 more weekends with a fresh set of pads.

I replaced with solid Bembos (about $65 at tire rack).
These? Seems like the Auto Parts Warehouse may be a better deal for all of us, especially with the free shipping.

This sentence isn't implying that there are specific left and right part numbers, is it?

While Brembo shows one rotor to fit both sides, many rotor manufacturers show individual rotors left & right..

I'm wondering if anyone has used Brembos pads? Any reviews?

While I don't run Mustang brakes I ran solid NAPA rotors with Carbotech xp10 pads last year in HPDE3. The pads and rotors lasted 4 weekends (8 days). I have 12.9 stock Camaro fronts and 13" rears (stock on a Z28). Beware, when the pad gets close to the slot disappearing your pad wear accelerates. I came of the Nelson Ledges track with fronts smoking and small cracks on the rotor face.

Check out Rockauto.com for rotors. They are the cheapest I have found for rotors.

Mitch

2000 Camaro z28

I also use the NAPA rotors with Carbotech pads (XP8s) on my C5. They've put up with only 4 or so track days, but also 10k miles on the street. It looks like they have a bit of life left in them.