1996 K2500 Suburban 6.5 TD

jon dawes

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/car/462756071.html

I drove this car over the weekend and it is fantastic! It's been stored in a heated/cooled garage its entire life and the owners have been very conscientious about its upkeep. Updated PMD and K&N filter, but the rest is stock. 103k miles.

The only thing I thought was maybe wrong was the steering was 'spongy', but I'm not used to driving a heavy duty vehicle; and the brakes were not as hard as I thought they should be but again i drive a mustang which probably brakes more easily.

Just passing on the info for those interesed in the MD/DC/VA area. Truck is in North Potomac.

They are great to tow with and camp in too !

01010001160001030020071029b56b838ace5656b4a1003c5d.jpg

The only thing I thought was maybe wrong was the steering was 'spongy', but I'm not used to driving a heavy duty vehicle; and the brakes were not as hard as I thought they should...

Steering may need attention, granted it is a 'truck'. The brakes are normally softer feeling since they are hydraulically boosted. They feel much different then the vac-boost brakes you are accustomed to.

you should drive our burbulator and see what you think.

• 2 months later...

Dunno. Neither of us are the sellers.

Jon was just sharing what he found as he thought it was a great deal.

Perhaps the link is still good? Perhaps not?

Drop Jon a PM.

It is hard to find diesel Burbs. I have one and searched the entire eastern sea board for it nearly 5 years ago. I think it may have been because of mine that Jon went to go look at this one.

I honestly don't know if it's still for sale. I drove it and it was great! I see it periodically on Craigslist, and I've seen it re-listed within the last month or so. It's located in/around Potomac, MD. If you want I can go through my old emails and get you the contact info if you'd like.

JD