Ca Speedway, schedule filler, racing less than 300.00

nkwright

I've been in discussions with the TCRA (Touring Car Club) about our class and their upcoming event at Ca Speedway. They will be running there July 30 - Aug 1st and sharing the weekend with VARA. It is a race only weekend.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

******************Editted*************************************

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry the rest has been editted, I apologize please see post below.

If you have questions regarding this event please forward them to the poster

Thanks for your help!

I would like to do it if my family's vacation sched can squeeze it in. I may mention it when my wife asks what I want for Father's Day!!! CSW is nice and close for me as I can still be at home for the nights.

Stay tuned - Good job Neal,

You can count me in. I love the Speedway, especially in July/Aug over the high desert!!! TCRA is a great group to race with.

Thanks for taking the time and organizing the class. Hopefully we'll have a great turnout given the LA venue.

I've never drive Cal Speedway, and I'm looking forward to it.

3 or 4 from the 944 group are planning to join in the fun.

Any suggestions for clean and reasonably priced motels near by, will be appreciated.

Tom,

Glad to hear some guys from AZ will be coming over. As far as rooms go. I've never stayed in the area myself. We always stay at the track.

So I may not be the best source.

However,I did do some research and found the best prices to be as follows:

Days Inn Ontario

800-329-7466

$62.10 Two adults per room, two beds

Breakfast included

8 miles

Best Western Ontario

800-528-1234

$75.65 Two adults per room, two beds

Berakfast included

8 miles

I've actually put 5 rooms on hold under my name. It can be cancelled if necessary.

I got a list of hotels off the Ca Speedway website. Most of the others on the list in Ontario are in the $85.00 - $100.00 range.

There may be some less expensive places in Fontana???

Guys have fun in Fontana...

If all goes well my main and rod bearing replacement as well as balance shaft cover sealing should get kicked off in July. I am looking to have the car back running by Mid September!

Till then...

Keep the updates going!

ok I almost never Edit or anything else.. but I thought I have explained the rules of the forum

1- No talking about other orgs ..other than PCA and POC

2- No Discussion about competting classes

I wish this was a totaly open and free flowing forum but we can not be discussing or promoting other events of orgs. I will be more than happy to discuss this farther with any one of you, please shoot me a email

Thanks

Forum Nazi.. opps Jason !!

Sorry If I over stepped the "good from" line here. Not trying to offend the moderators or the club. In fact, I discussed the subject weekend with Timmy and he suggested I post.

So it's ok to promote PCA & POC here?

Just trying to offer up a good time for all during the NASA break. That's all.

Later

Totaly Cool!!! .. No problems Man infact .. I thought it sounded like allot of fun! So no Offense no Harm no foul!!

Yeah I totaly understand your point! and Yes I am ok with POC and PCA as long as they are not on NASA weekends

Jason - Former Forum NAZI!! LOL !!

Jason, the real forum Nazi is Timmeeee. He has let the power get to his head, deleting and modifying posts all the time. Someone needs to put a leash on him! Other than his wife.

Well, maybe just my posts to annoy me? The rat bastard. You can't hand the "ego" power like that, he can't handle it. Kick him out of the series, I think that's the best plan of action.

Dilly.