Exhaust routing formalities/legalities

Driver

I'm wondering about a through-style side exhaust, and if it would be legal from a safety standpoint. The car will be for HPDE and TT later on.

It wont pass throught he cockpit, but it does effectively require modificaton of sheetmetal, and it may be a gray-zone with the rules.

Here is exactly what I'm looking to do (same chassis), but with a larger single oval pipe on one side only:

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/nov6-10.jpg

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/leftpipebottom6.jpg

Doesn't hurt to ask before I start anything.

There are a couple AI cars with that sort of routing (exhaust is fully isolated from cockpit), so it's not a CCR safety issue. I think I've seen SU-type cars with that as well. Of course you'll want to check what that might do to your TT classing before moving ahead.

There are a couple AI cars with that sort of routing (exhaust is fully isolated from cockpit), so it's not a CCR safety issue. I think I've seen SU-type cars with that as well. Of course you'll want to check what that might do to your TT classing before moving ahead.
Already assessed. At it's worst, it barely effects my total points, I've done too much crap.

not sure how it would effect a TT entry points wise....have seen far more invasive methods in AI.

Awesome !

I think its cool. (but I run CMC legal side exit exhaust. )