Unlimited Magazine

tacovini

Pretty cool stuff.

Got the mail today and flipping thru semi-junk mail and got Marlboro's "UNLIMITED" magazine that comes quarterly. (I think I signed up for some free stuff at a Marlboro tent down at the Long Beach Grand Prix years ago and now they send me their new action magazine for smokers. )

In any case, turn to page 104 and there's a large ~quarter page picture of Shugg's AI Mustang at the front of a NASA race. The main article is entitled "Out There- Where to go, What to do near you" and lists all kinds of cool gatherings and events. This magazine recommendation is 1 of 3 things to do in the state of Virginia (among all the other S.E. states) this summer and lists the following...

"V.I.P.? If only....Sept. 3-6

They say VIR stands for Virginia International Raceway, but spectators at the VIR Stock Car Spectacular in Alton swear by the Very Intense Racing they get to see every year along the track's 3.2 miles and 12 hard turns. That's one turn for evey quarter of a mile, which is a lot to handle if your going fast enough to win a stock car race. 434-822-7700

Pretty good marketing effort out to the general public. Is this the Grand Am event similar to last year? A NASA event? Schlick's AV8SS event? The ad didn't say, but seeing Shugg's AI car would lead one to believe it was an AI event, no?

-=- Todd